Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-07-2006 , 07:41 AM

Cityscape lighting???

Hello everyone,
Im creating a scene that is a field at night with a cityscape in the distant background. So far ive created the buildings using simple polygon cubes...Now I really dont have any idea how to light the buildings as if there were hundreds of lights on. I was thinking about using paint fx, inividual shapes with glow, or possibly just a texture. Any ideas? Also, I was hoping that I could create a glow around the cityscape. I used a close to tranluscent sphere with a glow, but it looked pretty bad...:headbang: I would be grateful if anyone could give me some ideas.
thanks
-Andrew

# 2 01-08-2006 , 09:32 AM
i'd just give it a texture with windows painted on it, since it's in the background no one should know the difference. you can give the illusion of glowing by using an opaque brush tool in Photoshop (which I'm assuming you have) and drawing slightly over the edges of the window shape, as if light was shining out.

# 3 01-08-2006 , 07:35 PM
Alright, that does seem the easiest and best way. Thanks a lot for the post.user added image