Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-05-2010 , 09:39 AM
Lifetime Member

F.E.A.R 3 yeeehhhhh bbaaabbbbyyyyy

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 20-05-2010 , 10:41 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
first off fear the first was awesome the rest sequel was there for me i dunno is the 3rd one really worth it consumer wise

# 3 20-05-2010 , 10:55 PM
Lifetime Member
Depends murambi, I havent read the review as yet but if it has a good plot it would be worth it. I guess gaming can only go so far, like movies the scenarios get done to death

cheers bullet

Resident Evil was the same, the first and second were really atmospheric etc but after that, shoot zombies. I guess FEAR for me was also the story, the atmosphere etc I havent played a game that would make you crap your pants since DOOM3 dude. Nothing worse than having your headphones on (so family can sleep), half cut (drunk) right into the game, getting creepy AND the BLOODY missus has crept up behind you and BOOM, grabs you and scares your dinner out of the back passage....LOL (and yes I nearly did!!)

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 20-05-2010 at 10:59 PM.
# 4 21-05-2010 , 05:14 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
aahh good times i remember the first RE i almost crapped myself when the dogs jumped out of the windows

since then the only game that scared me shitless was dead space

# 5 21-05-2010 , 05:59 AM
Lifetime Member
hahahahah yeh the dogs made me shit myself and in the courtyard in RE2 I think they were there too.

I wasnt keen on Dead Space, it did have atmosphere though. DOOM3 got me going, there were a few parts my mate said " theres nothing in there but you will crap yourself and waste mags". I went "yeh yeh sure Ted" but he was bloody right.

I dont play multiplayer, Im a loner, BUT they really need to bump up the story lines I reckon. Having all of this flash software and great scenes etc doesnt meant dung if it doesnt have a good story.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 6 22-05-2010 , 09:47 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
i personally think that multiplayer is killing the story mode of many games. the developers spend so much time working on multiplayer they forget about the campaign.
the only game i really enjoyed both parts was Drakes Fortune

# 7 22-05-2010 , 09:58 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree, I really never got into MP because of that reason. I think MP is really a set scene so to speak and there really isnt too much emphasis on the narrative.

Never heard of Drakes Fortune? I will Google it mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 8 23-05-2010 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
murambi I agree, but I think you mean Among Thieves... such a good game, the story was really good, for both Uncharted games. The 2 player mode is a lot of fun. I chose this over Call of Duty and I'm glad I did. Still a couple bugs I think they need to work out with their 2 player mode but it's my favorite multiplayer game.

# 9 23-05-2010 , 02:48 AM
Lifetime Member
I LOVED COD all of them. The only thing I hated was when my missus and kids bought me CODMW2 I HAD to download the bloody thing from STEAM. It really put me off buying anything STEAM related Rhet. The disc 2 wouldnt load at all and I was updating through an aircard (ouch). Luckily for me I had a shaped ISP contract otherwise I would have been finacially hurt. They dont tell you about that one!!!! AND I went to BigpondGamearena (Im a member) and there were LOTS of people pissed off at STEAM for this bulldust. Fork out $100 for a game and you have to 'update' 11G!!!! to play the bloody thing. That was a friggin joke.

I will look up this 'Among Theives'.

hmmmmmmmmm

bullet1968