Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 16-05-2003 , 04:32 PM
If you sat throught the credits of th film, they showed a trailer of Matrix Revolutions which looked hot!!! As for the effects, technicaly wise it looked better than the first flick, but as for what the were doing with it, they didn't do anything new that we haven't saw already! And thats what I thought hurt the film even more. What was so ground breaking about that highway chase sequence?

Let's 3D!!!
# 32 16-05-2003 , 04:33 PM
I thought that the story telling was really really well and indepth, and I thought that the chase on the highway, was one of the most intense chases at the end that I have ever scene, (when the trucks crashed! When Link juped up and scremed, so did the theater and everybody started clapping. Well, special effects was great and so was the story in individual spots. but they just did a really really bad job gluing the two together, there was a quite talking scene... then a bunch of fitting/action, then it was time to pay attention again, but there was not much of any transition, or leading up to the exciting action sequences, that there was in the first movie. I think that is the weakest part of this movie, lack of "glu" so to speak. Most parts were really good.. Just didn't fit together. Gotta like the speach at Zion, when he held his arm out! THat was really really good! I think alot more thought went into the movie than it seams, its just a bummer they didn't work on the transitions more. Later,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 33 16-05-2003 , 04:49 PM
"I'm gona see it again Saturday can't wait."
DAM! hehe... I have to wait till next week's paycheckuser added image :tears:

"What was so ground breaking about that highway chase sequence?"

-Um, a latex hottie goin 90 or so without a helmet? hehe... sorry.
Na, the Rig Crash sold it for me as welluser added image

"its just a bummer they didn't work on the transitions more. Later,
Brian"

Agree.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 34 16-05-2003 , 05:03 PM
I admit the rig exploding was hot but that was at the end of the sequence! And the part were Morph cut the truck...I thought it would have been so hot if he stood in front of the truck and cut the joint in half like i thought they would have being that the directors reference anime so much! This is the Matrix and aren't they at the point were they can bend the rules?? Also that part were Trinity is dying, didn't they say in the first movie that if you beleive you are hurt it will happen and that nothing is real in the Matrix? So why was Trinity dying when her and the whole gang know that nothing in the Matrix is real?user added image

Let's 3D!!!
# 35 16-05-2003 , 08:40 PM

Originally posted by 3rdDimension
Also that part were Trinity is dying, didn't they say in the first movie that if you beleive you are hurt it will happen and that nothing is real in the Matrix? So why was Trinity dying when her and the whole gang know that nothing in the Matrix is real?user added image

The quote was:
"So if you die in the Matrix, you die here?", then morpheus says, "The body cannot live without the mind."

So, even though we are treading on thin philosophy ice here, hehe.., I'll try to explain:

Trinity died for a moment because she "lost faith".
Only lesser so because of her "simulated-by-the-matrix" physical/psycological injuries.

The oracle did not prophisize her death, which made her more mentally weak
and doubt herself and the mission, and that helped to push her
mind "over the edge" into thinking that her time had come.....
so she just.... let go.

So, when you die in the Matrix, you die in the "real world" as well.

BUT, because Neo's is the "one", he is/was able to bring her back because of his "psuedo-superior" abilities by massaging her heart in "code-view".

Which was publicly accepted, and understandable seeing how good of a hacker (code-whiz) he was anyway.

She also lived because I told the Wachowski's that if they kill off Trinity, Adl and I would beat thier asses!

..hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 36 17-05-2003 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
wow!

I saw it last night! and it was one of the best movies I've ever seen! A really great film indeed. The effects were awesome, the story was great because it was difficult to understand, which kept me into the movie, trying to figure it out while be entertained by the fights, car chase, effects.

I'm always reluctant about sequals, but this one did very nice.
I gotta watch it again!

George

P.S.
Neo flying like Super Man with his fist out forward! Dang! I wish I could fly!

God Bless you and 3D
# 37 17-05-2003 , 10:21 PM
Hehehe, couldn´t help reading the thread.
I now trully feel more pumped up than ever to go watch it.
What I´m noticing is the fact that the controversy around this one is exactly like the first one.

I remember my dad told me something which has stayed with me ever since, just after watching the first one. He said: "I don´t like it." to which I replied with my usual egotistical self "You´re crazy ol man, very good movie indeed", he said "did you see Superman?" ... "Yes" .. "well this is just like it, either you like it or you don´t."

# 38 17-05-2003 , 10:21 PM
4 days to go now by the way ...

# 39 17-05-2003 , 10:23 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi

She also lived because I told the Wachowski's that if they kill off Trinity, Adl and I would beat thier asses!

..hehe...

F*cking agree! user added image
Where the hell is the beer?!
Ah here it is! ...
user added image
Cheers buddy!

# 40 17-05-2003 , 10:25 PM

Originally posted by 3rdDimension
when her and the whole gang know that nothing in the Matrix is real?user added image

You need to watch those movies again mate.

# 41 17-05-2003 , 10:27 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi

Na, the Rig Crash sold it for me as welluser added image

Why do crashes sell so much? user added image
In the first one, the helicopter crash sequence is still my favorite sequence, too much stuff going on at the same time.

# 42 17-05-2003 , 10:38 PM
Just saw it again today, and TRUST me, no matter how much you think you have a handle on the philosophy,

..see it again!!! user added image

Just like the first one, we had to go back to "the source" to understand the meaning.

Adl, I envy the oooooh's, aaaah's, holy craps!, and the NO WAY'S!" that I promise you will be saying and feelin out loud when you see it!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 43 17-05-2003 , 10:50 PM

Originally posted by adldesigner
In the first one, the helicopter crash sequence is still my favorite sequence, too much stuff going on at the same time.

LOL!!!!! hehehehe!!!

NOT ANYMORE DUDE!!!!

In JUST that ONE shot, you WILL KNOW what it feels like to be a lover of the Maya Dynamics module!!!!!

Multiply the helicopter sequence by 10, and that MIGHT touch the complexity of this new crash!

It takes detail to a new level from a modeling, animation, sdk, dynamics, and compositing point of view.

It is moments like these that make me proud to be part of a community of magicians like you alluser added image

We make the unbelievable, belevable, if only for just a moment.

Let them critique our work after the fact as much as they wish,
but on that first watch, during that ONE short moment, our audience it BYING it 100%!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 44 18-05-2003 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
I had to say the first time leaving Matrix 2 I was not that thrilled that I thought I would be. But the 2nd time going was 20 times better than the first. I have to disagree with the transition not fitting well through the movie know. The 2nd time explained everything for me. I wasn't caught off guard for the ending which was to over my head the first time. Know I love the ending. If someone that didn't like the movie the first time go a 2nd time. Cause the story of the movie is great. Didn't think so at first but know i do. And the previews of matrix 3 at the end of the credits of movie looks even better.

# 45 18-05-2003 , 09:00 PM
Agree!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com