Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-06-2005 , 10:23 PM

selected faces not showing in shaded

hey all

i am having a problem where my selected faces are not being colored orange when in shaded mode, but are fine in wireframe?

does anyone know why this is happening?

# 2 09-06-2005 , 06:20 AM
Subscriber
do you have a material on it that could be making it difficult to see the selection? yellow and definately orange make it very difficult to see the selection unless you're right on top of the surface

# 3 14-06-2005 , 04:14 AM
my objects have the default lambert on them or any texture for that matter, its a hardware glich im thinking and it is consitent on more than one computer in my lab.

my students arnt sure of what there selecting when using face components in persp

# 4 14-06-2005 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
what if any indicatin do you get that faces are selected in other than wireframe mode? Are they some other color than orange?

Configuration problem:
What OS?
What graphics card?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 22-06-2005 , 06:00 AM
there is no indication what faces are selected in shaded persp, you can see the pivot point move when you select new faces thats about it.

sometimes restarting maya can temporaily fix the problem but not always

running on P4's with win2k sp2
maya 6
i think they only have nvidia vanta's in them

Last edited by bencmorton; 22-06-2005 at 06:03 AM.