Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-06-2005 , 01:16 PM

planar mapping problem

hello

i have just started the texturing tut for the jedi fighter, i have cut the pod in half added the 4 lambert colours to the hypershade and then but them on the model. i then select the model and go to hypershade and click on colour and select objects with material.
my problem is after i press the project button in the planar options box the colour is stipped from the model but i still get the image in the uv texture editor , as soon i go to do the next colour the image i just created disapears.

the pieces of the model r there just went through it again but its still stripping colours of the model is this normal also i cant select the pieces seperatly.

will keep on trying

niceone

Dragon013

Last edited by Dragon013; 13-06-2005 at 05:42 PM.
# 2 07-08-2005 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
There is a difference in shaders and textures. The lamberts you created are 'SHADERS'. When you go to the option box for projecting, you are trying to texture.

Check out the tutorial on Mckinley's site:

www.MtMckinley.net
(look under the modeling tutorials for polygon modeling)

Then check out this site's free texturing tutorial, not the alpha channel one, texturing.