Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-12-2006 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber

How long is one frame in real time

Sorry for such a noob question guys, but, I was wondering, how long is one frame of animation in real time, or how many frames are in a five second animation? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is all due friday...=)

# 2 12-12-2006 , 09:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
depends really on the format. Film runs at 24 frames per second while video runs at 30 fps, for example.

So, for video, 1 frame would be 1/30th of a second. 5 seconds would be 150 frames.

# 3 12-12-2006 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
Mike's right but I would just like to add that it's NTSC that runs at 30 frames per second, PAL and SECAM run at 25fps.

# 4 13-12-2006 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
5 seconds would be 150 frames.

yieeeks! that alot of frames to be rendered for only 5 seconds mike, imagen the scene had alot of high-poly models with a great amount of texturing etc... user added image

hope mike & mat anwsered your question user added image

# 5 13-12-2006 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
Thank you so much guys, I really really really appreciate your help. And luckily, my model isnt too high poly. Ha, not saying that it has any sort of correct layout, but eh, its all good. =) Again, thanks very much. You saved my government grade. =)