Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-05-2007 , 02:39 PM

Spiderman: The mystery

Does anyone know what programs(s) Spiderman was made with?

# 2 05-05-2007 , 10:41 PM
Look it up. It's in the credits at the very end.

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 3 05-05-2007 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
Maya.

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 4 06-05-2007 , 04:43 PM
hah, no way; actually?
That would be cool if it was, I haven't seen many things around that use Maya as the developer...
By the way, I did a job aptitude test today at school, and the top 2 were
Game Designer ( woot )
3d Artist ( mega woot )
What do you guys think, aren't those the best possible things to come up? I draw a lot, think about games a lot, and I . . . have started using ( or trying to use ) Maya earlier than a lot of people.
yay,
Chris

# 5 07-05-2007 , 12:44 AM
Theres lots of films that use maya in some way or another, ghost rider's a recent one as the flames were a combination of maya fluids and houdini's dynamics.

As for your job aptitude test, there great, if thats what you want to do! I think that I got a Diver or a Scientist.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 07-05-2007 , 04:51 AM
you guys try to post a spiderman with beautiful graphics and have you guys seen the latest spider man movies

# 7 07-05-2007 , 04:52 AM
Do not feel bad because i am newbie member i have a great respect for you

# 8 10-05-2007 , 10:10 AM

Alias demo reel

there used to be a Alias demo reel, when Maya was under Alias, I don't know if you can still find it or if autodesk has it, but I remember seeing spiderman 1 and 2 , final fantasy: the spirits within, Hulk and other movies and from personal experience a lot of games are made with maya

The CG Ghost
# 9 10-05-2007 , 11:32 PM
I was watching a trailer for Transformers and I saw a quick scene of them using maya

# 10 12-05-2007 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
im not sure what they used in spider man 3 but i do know that they had to make a program to create the sand effect. i got it from wikipedia.com

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 11 13-05-2007 , 09:40 PM

Originally posted by daffas
im not sure what they used in spider man 3 but i do know that they had to make a program to create the sand effect. i got it from wikipedia.com

umm do u really want to belive what wiki has to say? b/c i could have wrote that and have just made that up...one thing my professor said was NEVER to use wiki as a reputible (sp?) source

# 12 15-05-2007 , 10:57 PM
Well i think the graphics of the pirates of the caribbiean was good and will be good
there are many graphics to talk about but it is least noted that the spiderman still remains the best

# 13 16-05-2007 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber
I`m betting that a number of different shots were made with different programs depending on which software house did it.

A vs P is a good example. 7 different company's did different effects shots for that movie. 2 in the uk, 1 in france and the rest on the west coast of usa.

MPC and framestore where the two who worked on it over here (if my memory serves me right). MPC use a very custom version of Maya (alot of there own plugging) while Framstore used Softimage. So thats two different software for that movie right there, not knowing what software the others used).

I know this because in Swansea where is an animation show (a well scaled down Siggraph) and we haad speakers from both there at the show talking about the same movie.

I also know that batman begins had aleast 5 different effect houses.

So I`m think that there is a good chance that maya was used but I dout that it was the only one. And with a budget of over 200 mil I`m betting that there was a few house work on that

# 14 16-05-2007 , 07:19 PM
i do not know the name of batman partner

# 15 17-05-2007 , 02:19 PM
robin
duh user added image