Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-07-2008 , 01:04 AM

Thank you!

Well, this thread us my personal "Thank you!" to SimplyMaya and it's great members! :attn:

The reason Im making this thread is that SimplyMaya is a great community, and I feel I didn't pay enough respect. For example, I have been asking a lot of question, but didn't answer many questions of other users (mainly because I'm new to maya, but it should still make the point)

Personally I'd like to thank Joopson a lot...at the start of the battle (Challenge in modeling) I left and was gone for more then a week, unexplained. He didn't seem to be annoyed at me (at least from his posts). Most other people would have been pi**ed of big time by then...

Thank you members of SM, who treat new members with the same respect as senior members (which is a lot! user added image, and who help out with practically every problem!

Glad I found this great community!

user added image

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 2 24-07-2008 , 03:15 AM
Acid44
i don't know if i've helped you or not... typically i'm not very helpful around here at all but either way

you'z welcome:p

# 3 24-07-2008 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
ditto...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 24-07-2008 , 05:21 AM
Senior Software Developer
Much Love...

Peace Out

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 24-07-2008 , 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
First one of these threads I've seen >.> and you're right I don't see the "You're not pro like me? Pffff, piss off!" kinda attitude here like I've seen elsewhere lol.
:blush:

- Genny
# 6 24-07-2008 , 09:44 AM
Subscriber
No problem user added image

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 7 24-07-2008 , 09:53 AM
haha, its always good to see a thread like this. and Amoeba, it was only a challenge. no big deal, eh?
Also, we are here to answer questions, like the all-popular "why are my arrows small!?!?!" question, or the "hows does I git point?!?!". You, though, seem to be an intelligent person, haha.
You have to remember, we were all new to Maya at some point, so we know how it feels. When I first got PLE, I opened it, couldn't do ANYTHING (I couldn't rotate, or create anything... I no no idea where to look) it was awful. but now I know almost every corner of the software, except for animation.
Until you feel like that, feel free to ask as many questions as needed, because that really is why we are there.
cheersuser added image
-Andy

(actually, ask questions even after you feel that way.... I do..... there is always something new to learn)

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 8 24-07-2008 , 11:12 AM
Lifetime Member
I't always nice when someone says thankyou as it doesn't happen that often.
We are happy to help with any questions as we all have to learn somehow.
No one knows everything and we are all still learning, the truth is you never stop learning.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 9 24-07-2008 , 04:00 PM
Subscriber
and i just noticed jsprogg has 1337 posts :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 24-07-2008 , 04:53 PM
Subscriber
I haven't ever really helped anyone here, maybe a few suggestions to someone but no full on help about anything. And I would like to also take a moment and say thanks to those of you who have helped me, I appreciate it a lot.