Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-08-2012 , 10:50 PM

maya crashed. help plz!

I was modeling motorbike
As I almost finish the modeling and started to work on detail part of element.
Maya was crashed ( and there is screen that show “maya application file has stopped working”)
Every time I try to reopen the file
Maya application would crash with this notice as I was switching view point or used polygon’s tool in that file.
But this situation only happened in that motorbike scene
and this is most complex and big scene I ever made so far

ps: I only use polygon in this scene and didn’t do rendering yet.

Here is my information of my computer:

Maya 32bit
Windows 7 32bit
RAM: 6.00GB
Intel(R) Core™ i7 CPU
ATIRadeom HD5970

Can anyone help?
Thank!

# 2 28-08-2012 , 11:09 PM
The thin red line
Can you open this file if so open it and export your mesh as object file the reimport into a new maya file...............dave

# 3 28-08-2012 , 11:48 PM

Can you open this file if so open it and export your mesh as object file the reimport into a new maya file...............dave

Thank for replying me so fast user added image
Yeah I tried the way u provides.
The mesh exported to other Maya file successfully.
But application was still crashed by I switching view point in the new file.

Is any other way I can try?

Thank!

# 4 29-08-2012 , 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
If you saved it as an .ma file and you have an idea of what you did to make Maya crash then you could open it in a text editor and chop out the bad info.

On a side note, why use a 32bit OS and Maya on that kind of hardware? :s

- Genny
# 5 29-08-2012 , 01:50 AM
EduSciVis-er
Yeah, it's possible you're not able to use all your RAM and as a result are running out of memory? Can you see the mem usage when you open up the file? Is there anything else that the error message says?

# 6 29-08-2012 , 04:19 AM
It really should not matter if he is using 32 or 64 bit versions of the os and the software. With his system 64-bit would make more sense but maya should keep a valid version of the scene file at all times and worst case you should end up with some changes not updated. I use half a dozen 3D modeling packages and ONLY maya corrupts scene files!

I am constantly plagued with "error parsing data line 762" when I open scenes and the scene opens in wireframe with the grid settings and other preference settings scrambled.

For over a year I have been bitching about Maya's lack of stability when deleting history, and saving files, and preferences and scene files becoming corrupted. For almost as long I have listened to people use the "I have used maya for x years and it's working fine for me" defense. I got tired of it and have captured several stack dumps and spent over 3 hours with an engineer that has confirmed every single problem I have been reporting since maya 2010!

His answer was we know it's happening. We know it's happening on what we consider small subset of systems. We know it is a hardware or software conflict but it's not a priority and there are no solutions at this time!

So I just model more and more in modo. I would switch to max but I refuse to invest any time in learning any autodesk products!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 7 29-08-2012 , 05:02 AM
Thank both of you!

For GecT
I change the maya file to the .ma file

and I just installed a Notepad text editor from internet

But I am not familiar with text editor

I still kind of try to figure out how to see the bad info by using text editor

For stwert
Yeah it is possible. Would problem of ram caused by window7 32bit?

“maya application file has stopped working” is as far as error message I saw so far

I still try to find the way to acquire the message by opening up the file as u mention.

Thank all

# 8 29-08-2012 , 05:08 AM

It really should not matter if he is using 32 or 64 bit versions of the os and the software. With his system 64-bit would make more sense but maya should keep a valid version of the scene file at all times and worst case you should end up with some changes not updated. I use half a dozen 3D modeling packages and ONLY maya corrupts scene files!

I am constantly plagued with "error parsing data line 762" when I open scenes and the scene opens in wireframe with the grid settings and other preference settings scrambled.

For over a year I have been bitching about Maya's lack of stability when deleting history, and saving files, and preferences and scene files becoming corrupted. For almost as long I have listened to people use the "I have used maya for x years and it's working fine for me" defense. I got tired of it and have captured several stack dumps and spent over 3 hours with an engineer that has confirmed every single problem I have been reporting since maya 2010!

His answer was we know it's happening. We know it's happening on what we consider small subset of systems. We know it is a hardware or software conflict but it's not a priority and there are no solutions at this time!

So I just model more and more in modo. I would switch to max but I refuse to invest any time in learning any autodesk products!

thank for the information! I should more consider about what you said

# 9 29-08-2012 , 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

- Genny