Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-01-2004 , 07:16 PM

When rendering with Hardware no image...

Hi guys,

Basically when rendering a scene using software it comes out great, but when i switch to hardware i only see black.

Other times on other scenes is just look like no texture was apply to the models very crude...

I have a nvidia 750 (maya certified) video card.

Does hardware rendering is apply ONLY to particles or stuff like that? not to render a scene?

Thanks in advance

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 30-01-2004 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
By a 750 i presume you mean Quadro? Yeah it is specifically for particles unless you have a newer card that supports hardware rendering in Maya 5 like the Quadro fx line.

# 3 31-01-2004 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber
You can hardware render more than particles. even in 4.5

tank are you covering up the Hrender window any? if that window is covered buy any other window it will not show thoughs frames in the files.

# 4 31-01-2004 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
Yes you can but there's little point. There's lots of things that won't be rendered correctly. Try any scene for example with a chrome shader, it'll render black. True hardware rendering for anything other than particles didn't come into place until maya 5 and you need the latest graphics cards for them to work. I do take your point though, shouldn't just be getting a black screen though.

What i'm trying to say is to get full hardware rendering of scenes rather than just particles you need to be using the newer cards with programable processing units, like the fx or wildcat. Otherwise you should really be using software.

Last edited by mrmacca; 31-01-2004 at 01:23 AM.
# 5 02-02-2004 , 02:18 PM
Thanks Guys!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....