Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-10-2004 , 07:25 AM

binding mistake

hallo to all,
i'm going to follow the book MAYA Character Animation by Jae Choi, but i've some problem. I try to explain:
I've modeled my character in SubDiv, converted that in low poly res., and then binding both to the skeleton chain. The problem come when I paint Weights to the low poly model; when I do that, the SubDiv mesh (HiRes model) is detached from the skeleton, and I don't know why ...
if you have understood something, you could try to help me?
thanks a lot

this is an image after weight paint to the poly model, the SubDiv is detached ...

# 2 23-10-2004 , 07:32 AM
user added image

# 3 23-10-2004 , 01:28 PM
i have focused my problem:
when i paint Weight in my Subd model, it detaches itself from the skeleton !!! Why ?
i use Maya 6.0 with Win Hp Home S.P.2

does never has happened it to you ?

Thanks again ...

# 4 25-10-2004 , 04:44 PM
Subscriber
why are you painting them both anyways?
does the book says to do so?
i would think the logic would to paint the wiehgts on the low rez only and use it as a wrap deformer object to deform the subD mesh.

i dont know what the book says... user added image

# 5 25-10-2004 , 05:52 PM
No, I paint only the poly mesh, then I should copy the weights into the SubD model
... for my problem, there is no more.
thanks for the reply