Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-07-2005 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber

July/Aug - Noob - petrol

Going to give this one a go, I've been thinking over the last few days about which direction to take. I was going to go for something a little more abstract, but I think I've come up with an idea that could produce a good atmosphere:

It will be a fairly simple scene, with focus on 2 main characters - a robot much like a sentinel from the matrix, vs a human. I envisage the peice to be an over-shoulder shot with the main attention on the sentinel. I want a nice threatening pose from the robot, and the man in a stance which would represent fear and loathing.

Some will probably think my idea isn't imaginative, but I think a lot of people will understand the subject, and the motives of each character. Plus obviously the darkness of the sentinels should produce some really moody visuals. Comments welcome.

# 2 08-07-2005 , 12:55 PM
Subscriber
As a noob myself.....I think keeping the images as simple as possible while making the point abundantly clear is where its at....since the emotion and lighting is whats being judged just make the scene all about that....original or not. If I look at your scene and get goosebumps....then youve accomplished the goal user added image Just make sure to express the loathing in the robot....you can do that in a number of ways....posture...even a simulated expression....have fun with ituser added image

# 3 12-07-2005 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
A little update, I've not had much time just yet but I should begin modelling this sunday. Been working on a concept painting for this one, should be ready tomorrow night, I'll post it then. I knew what I wanted from the outset with regards to positioning and camera angle, but I hadn't really thought about a suitable backdrop for the characters - so painting it out is helping me to work these things out as I go along. user added image

# 4 13-07-2005 , 07:23 AM
hi petrol,

just realised that my idea has a robot and a human in user added image
I can change the concept now if it has too many similarities to your idea
Just let me know

t1ck135