Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 09-04-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
Sorry for the image quality but I had to do a low quality image in PS to get it to the right file size for uploading

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 32 09-04-2007 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the comment guys , my emails scratch_face@hotmail.com

thanks for sticking around and helpin me out user added image much appretatied

# 33 11-04-2007 , 10:34 AM
Subscriber
well finaly a update not had much ofa chance to do much recently with a lot of work being on and nice wether etc lol

heres a new update anyhow , still working on the rear fender but i think its coming together nicely , still needs to be tweaked alot tho

Wired Version
user added image

Smoothed
user added image

# 34 11-04-2007 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber
WOW im impressed, it looks so much better now. keep it up mate. the one crit i see is it looks squashed lol. the front view doesnt seem as wide

Toyota Supra WIP

# 35 11-04-2007 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
ok heres what I noticed
3. Some of your edges are aligned with your hood so I attached a photo because U have lumps on your fender flare because of a tri.

Red - Lines to delete
Green - add

When doing this, add the edge first because if u deelted an edge, and then add, u will have to go back and tweek it more so its best to add the new edges first and then delete the old edges.

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 11-04-2007 at 06:17 PM.
# 36 11-04-2007 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
im glad you like it dude your my imsperation atm lol your stuff amazing so i figured i should look up to it , lol the reason why its crush its cause i tranformed it with a screendump in adobe theres alot more lengh n width to it ill try and get a full screen for ya to make sure lol

# 37 11-04-2007 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
hey man thats good to hear. Im so glad that tut is working out because ur model is starting to look like a 350 which is nice. I want to see the render without it crushed because u can see u learned a lot. Im also about to make a car tut next month, i have a thread under the section members lounge. The thread is called new car so check it out and tell me which car would u like to see modeled. All opinions are wanted. Also to get a nice clay render, go toe the WIP section under the Lamborghini murci i posted clay render settings and then u can save ur renders as a 640x480.

Toyota Supra WIP

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 11-04-2007 at 08:05 PM.
# 38 12-04-2007 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber
im struggling to find it lol ive never done any rendering b4 so its totaly new to me , ive been googling and come up with aGI JOE mel script for clay renders? apparetnyl its pretty good so i guess ill use that if i can work out how to use it lol

i satrted on the back end this mornin having uber problems with it lol noticlby more when smoothed , its horrid lol ill post some pictures later tonight wshen im home from work

Last edited by Sicky; 12-04-2007 at 07:55 AM.
# 39 12-04-2007 , 12:27 PM
Subscriber
ok so i screwed up today i wes messing aorund with renders and saved the car as a smooth version i have no iea what to do now lol i think i may have to start again :< im not sure i want to lol but i spose it will onlybe better this time around

# 40 12-04-2007 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
hey sicky, after seeing your comment on my car I figured I'd come in here and see how yours was comming along. It's looking good so far. Looks like both me and you are in the same learning boat. Good luck and keep it up! user added image

# 41 12-04-2007 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber
thanks alot man , it is tricky im gonna start this one again and try and make it a bit cleaner i saved it as a smooth lol well ts practise any how lol

# 42 12-04-2007 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
click on the car or whatever it is that you smoothed. on the right hand side in the menu set, it should say poly smooth face click on that and it should have a drop down list of preferences. under divisions, set it to 0 because devisiosn is how many u smoothed it by and it should be back to your base mesh

Toyota Supra WIP

# 43 12-04-2007 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
dude your a star, could u give me any tips on how to do a clay render?

Last edited by Sicky; 12-04-2007 at 07:29 PM.
# 44 12-04-2007 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
Dude, looks tons better. Do yourself a favour btw, use a smooth proxy instead of smoothing your actual low mesh. As for 'clay' renders, i'll assume you mean ambient occlusion renders. There are tons of tutorials and its really simple to do, just search for one - should be loads. Good luck, and im all for starting again, it will end up cleaner! user added image

# 45 13-04-2007 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber
i found a tutorial for the clay render but it sez im lookin for
mib_amb_occlusion and i cant find it lol ive looked everywhere , i downloaded ray diffuse but tbh i have no idea what im doin lol n i dont wanna mess anything up any ideas? help?