Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 166 17-09-2003 , 05:55 PM
Hey guys thanks alot... want to see more of the truck?? Umm... sorry this is really all i have done right now user added image takes forever to render as it is, and i keep on makeing so many canges and trying new things... so my progress is really really slow. but, when i get this all figured out, the rest should be a little quicker process because I know what i will need to do (I hope) anyways, I my goal today is to get the bed of the truck done today as well... I still need to make the textures for the handle, lock, and all rubber pieces... so far, for the front trim, and the door and the fender, I have 18 textures... all are around 1600x1200... so...takes awhile to loat them all to say the least. MR renders it very fast though, it can handle displacement maps alot better than regular render. It takes about 2-5 min to render it at 640x480. Talk to you soon,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 167 17-09-2003 , 06:19 PM
the mud is starting to look really freakin real....it's really amazing what you've done with those displacement mapsuser added image

matt

Regards,

Matt Rizos
https://www.matchmovin.com
# 168 17-09-2003 , 06:34 PM
Thanks alot Matt.. That means alot from ya. Hey guys, just so you know, Matt was my animation teacher from way back when user added image I've known him for a few years now. Its good to keep intouch with people who like to do cg stuff as much as you do. Anyways, he's helped me out alot user added image

Working on the bed as we speak,,,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 169 17-09-2003 , 06:41 PM
here is the section of the bed that I am going to start to work on next...
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 170 17-09-2003 , 09:11 PM
here is an example of my shading network..

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 171 17-09-2003 , 09:52 PM
Subscriber
Brian

I lovce the way you model cars.

BTW , regarding the shader network - Why do you use multiple place2dtexture nodes for the same mapping ?

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 172 17-09-2003 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
Hey Brian is that 2d bump really necessary if you have displaced your texture.

# 173 17-09-2003 , 11:09 PM
the bump and displacement map are effecting two differnt things...I am using the bump the the underlying mud, that isn't very thick, and i am using the displacement map for the chunky stuff... also.. Not sure why i am using multiple place2dtexture, I just attached the textures after i editited my UV's and stuff. I guess by default it does that... I could delete them,,, does it make a difference? Thanks guys,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 174 17-09-2003 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
i would attach all the 2dplacement to one node only. Not sure how much rendering time you would save by doing this.

# 175 18-09-2003 , 05:43 AM
Please make some snap shot of how you're doing your truck and post some tutorials, can you make a tutorial on how you made the tires, including rendering and bump maps.

Thanks,

# 176 18-09-2003 , 12:21 PM
i am going to make a tutorial on how to make tires like I do after I finnish the textures. I was hoping to be finnished sometime next week. Thanks,
brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 177 18-09-2003 , 12:43 PM
thanks for the tip on the 3d text placement. I will make the change b4 i render again... Here is an update... Finnaly got to the bed... Most of the hard stuff is done, execpt for the front bumper. THanks gonna be kinda hard, trying to match up UV's... i also need to make the thextures on the body pannel, match up, you can see some places where the mud should contine thru the crack between the pannels. I am going to work on some misc stuff today, probably not on my truck to much, i need to get a modeling demoreel done by monday. Talk to ya later,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 178 18-09-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
Jesus Brian this is just working well, no comments :thumbsup:

Life is lived forward but only understood backward
# 179 21-09-2003 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber
hehe

that thing is dirty user added image

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 180 21-09-2003 , 05:59 PM
Hey Brian, whats your mentalray setup? I love the renders u get.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu