Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-02-2004 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber

CPS head

How is this head.

Opinions if you please...
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mr. Hill\My Documents\My Pictures\CPS head.JPG[/IMG]

Attached Images
# 2 21-02-2004 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber
Are you using references ? you could see where your off or where you have it nailed better like that. You have some of the basic anatomy details fine. its just there placement is off a bit. Forehead is not high enough. Jow line needs to be lower and out more. Eye's are to close to the eyebrows.

Kind of looks like your trying to go a little to low on the poly cage. You could add some edges in a edge loop fashion and it could help much.

# 3 21-02-2004 , 08:19 AM
Pony has a good point there, about the reference images.

I would like to add that your model is alot more round than a human head would be. A human head would be more like an oval or an egg. A lot taller then your head.

I also think that it seems like theres something wrong at the cheek area on your model.

A good tip when creating a head is to rough out the basic head shape first and when you are satisfied with the basic shape, and everything match up with your reference material then start on details like wrinkles, eyes etc.

Maybe take a look at : https://www.caligraphics.dk/Maya/toonMe/toonMe.htm Maybe that can give you a pointer in the right direction, or atleast give you an idea of how I am working with CPS (I am not saying this is the right way, but it works for me)

Good luck, and im looking forward to see an update on your head user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 21-02-2004 , 08:21 AM

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S
# 5 23-02-2004 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber

Thanks

Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

I agree with what you are saying.

I hadn't used a reference picture but will do on the next head.

I'll be back with the new head soon.

Oh, what do you mean about the low poly cage?

# 6 23-02-2004 , 03:51 PM
Low poly cage = the base object, the lowpoly version of your CPS model .. (its kind of a cage containing the highres user added image)

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
LEGO Systems A/S