Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 08-02-2007 , 08:14 AM
Subscriber
user added image i like your castle and the style you gave him.

Textures are great and the grass is looking good so far.

Keep it up user added image

# 17 10-02-2007 , 02:01 AM
Wow looking really good. I'd like to see an animation around this user added image

# 18 10-02-2007 , 06:00 AM
Subscriber

Wow

Hey this is really great, I love the feel of the castle. I would love to see a wireframe render of it before the displacement maps. Keep it up, I'd also like to see this environment in a little animated short.

# 19 10-02-2007 , 01:05 PM
Very nice, Radical Edward; I'm particularly drooling over that door and the window (woodgrain appearance)...:bow:

# 20 10-02-2007 , 02:04 PM

Originally posted by severinianthony
Very nice, Radical Edward; I'm particularly drooling over that door and the window (woodgrain appearance)...:bow:

Of course the woodgrain looks great, though the compliments should really go to Michael Mckinley and Simplymaya for the free texturing tutorial user added image

It was incredibly simple. I just took a wood texture off the internet, blurred it a bit and recoloured it a bit to make it fit the colour and style I wanted, then used it as a texture map and a bump map. Oh the texture map I added some green to the bottom for that slimy moss you sometimes see on old doors.

# 21 11-02-2007 , 05:52 AM
I just thought I'd get a bit of archery practice in.

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 11-02-2007 , 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Radical Edward
Of course the woodgrain looks great, though the compliments should really go to Michael Mckinley and Simplymaya for the free texturing tutorial user added image

"There are ways of spreading light, to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."

-Edith Wharton

# 23 01-03-2007 , 07:23 PM
Been a while since I played with maya much. I have been working on the bump map at the moment, here is a comparison:

Attached Thumbnails