Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-12-2002 , 01:43 PM
Subscriber

My first clip with special effects..

I'm trying to create a short-clip, with me and a friend of mine.
He will shoot me..in slow motion..the bullets will come to me..i'll stop them in the air and the take one of them and throw it at my friend...like the matrix last scene..

I hope i can make it..

P.S Do you know how to make particles dissapear while new ones are created?

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 11-12-2002 , 03:52 PM

Try this

Hey Bud,

I am alll about some special effects. You may want to check the timing on your particles. Meaning that you can set when the particles start and stop in the channel box. I am not at my desk but will post in a little while exactly what I mean. To answer your question..YES, YOU CAN user added image

:banana:

-SuperDave71

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 3 13-12-2002 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
thank you very much..but..could may be more exact? (i am a newbie)

Ioannis KarAvas
# 4 13-12-2002 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
one advice from newbie to newbie. dont push yourself too hard. what you describe is a real complex thing - even if it sounds so easy. it is not. at least not for a newbie. having a bullet in hand and letting it drop (as part of what you want to create) will be a good start. there is a lot tweaking needed if you want it look realistic. it is not as easy as it sounds - and if you want to even throw it it gets even more complicated.

my idea i would have is to make the bullet somehow a rigid body and let the falling calculate by maya. but then i dont know how to key or throw it before it collides with your friend (or the floor if you did not hit user added image )

# 5 14-12-2002 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
I really like the hard thingS! And anyway i do this for fun! :-)
I really know enough for making movies..and don't want it to become sooooo realistic... user added image
And of course the animation mustn't be whole in maya...i just need pieces that i will connect later while proccessing the movie.

Ioannis KarAvas
# 6 14-12-2002 , 05:01 PM
One idea would be to add an opacityPP to the particles to have them fade out after a certain amount of time or frames...

Check the docs for usageuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com