Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-08-2007 , 03:46 PM
Subscriber

Question about Menu Sets and Object Creation.

I just purchased Kurt's tutorial on the MechWarrior and I watched it all the way through and am now starting to attempt to follow along. However, I don't have the "Modelling Menu Set" that Kurt always tells me to go to, and when I go to create a NURBS Sphere I have to click and drag rather than just getting a default sized Object at the XYZ center like in the video.

MAYA 8.5, Windows Vista.

# 2 31-08-2007 , 10:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi , from version 8.0 the menu sets were renamed and the modeling menu set is now split into two menues called Polygons and Surfaces.
To have the primitive appear at the center of the grid you have to turn off interactive creation which can be found in the Create menu at the top , you will find it second from bottom of the Nurbs Primitives and also the Polygon Primitives sub-menu.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 01-09-2007 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber
Great, that was very helpful, I've run into one more thing. Where is keep faces planar located in the new menus? I've found Keep faces together, but not the other.

# 4 01-09-2007 , 11:47 AM
Lifetime Member
keep new faces planar is in the options of the Create Polygon Tool found under the Mesh menu and also in the options of the Append to Polygon Tool found under the Edit Mesh menu.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner