Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-05-2008 , 08:37 PM

The Beach House

Here is a scene I redid. I think it's much better than the original. C&C welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman

Last edited by AnthonyCg; 16-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.
# 2 17-05-2008 , 12:53 AM
Jr.Who
Looks really nice. The only thing that looks weird is the sand, it looks really hard.

KUTGW. user added image

# 3 17-05-2008 , 04:21 AM
Super Moderator
Yeah cute scene, but why is the house hovering over the sand ?user added image

- Genny
# 4 18-05-2008 , 08:37 PM
good job!

aside from the issues already mentioned, the colors are looking way too saturated - especially the roof and leaves. you rarely see colors that are that strong in real life - especially in a beach scene where the colors would be faded from the sun. knocking back the colors will really help integrate this scene. Nothing is ever purely one color... unless its paint. user added image

# 5 20-05-2008 , 06:51 AM
it's good
1. Lower the house to be place on the ground
2. lowler the bump of the ground (sand) to be sandy user added image and it will be just fine user added image

# 6 27-05-2008 , 10:00 AM
Thanks for the crits guys. Unfortunately my pc died on me and I didn't back everything up so I can't make any changes to it. I'm done with Microsoft at this point.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 7 27-05-2008 , 11:22 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
I feel like killing Ms too
Its a mac or linux for me (or both!)