Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-06-2009 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber

Tweetytunes - Super Villain Challenge

I know what I said but THIS IS MY CHALLENGE - how could I stay away (that and the fact the paper work is still running late for my project). I pushed so hard for this one it would be rude not to take part.

Think I`m going to do a boss from a fighting game sort of thing - They always look evil and suped up with unknown powers that just wipe the floor with you.

Thinking of soul calibre more than street fighter. But have to get my thinking hat on.

So watch out this one is mine

# 2 17-06-2009 , 12:05 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Sounds good... looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 17-06-2009 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
Ooo soul calibre style, i hope you'll do a male so you make really really really fancy and interesting armour... although if you want to model a female fighting in their underwear that's totally your choice user added image

i also expect a giant weapon... with lots and lots of detail

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 17-06-2009 , 12:52 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by Chirone
Ooo soul calibre style, i hope you'll do a male so you make really really really fancy and interesting armour... although if you want to model a female fighting in their underwear that's totally your choice user added image

Hmmm.... a big ugly dude in 3 tons of armor, or a female in her underwear... hmmm... tough choice! :p

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 17-06-2009 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
Sorry guys with the change of the rules going to change my idea alittle

# 6 25-06-2009 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
Right - After a little time away from the internet for family events - time for a update.

Now anyone who knows me knows I love Transformers and He-Man more than anything.

In He-man there is a character called two-bad - who is two rival bounty hunters joined together - who is always fight each other/ themselves.

Well my character will be like that, just mine. Just think two villains mixed together. I wanted to keep this as a new idea instead of a copy of a exciting character.

I`m thinking one half a Dr or at least someone really smart and the other half a thug. I`ll come up with the background story after

Well here is the smart head anyways - and yes his eyes are closed.

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/SV/SV1_1.jpg

# 7 25-06-2009 , 03:13 PM
Cracking start mate!

Looking forward to seeing how this bad boy develops!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 25-06-2009 , 08:08 PM
Had been wondering what had happened to you, glad to see you've had time to get some work done, great start, the shapes looking good so far and a nice idea for the character, a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde type, look forward to seeing the "thug" side of him!

# 9 25-06-2009 , 09:39 PM
# 10 25-06-2009 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Cheers guys.

Yer I had like a hell of a week - 3 birthdays, trip to theme Park, fathers day, starting a new job and some PC problems (just softwear issus after reinstall). But yer the trusted laptop is a lot better than I thought when it comes to Maya - so got loads done

This the guy I am on about

https://www.madhattersneverland.com/c...ges/twobad.jpg

but it will not be a straight copy - think this mixed with the boss from resident evils - you know one side heavier than the other.

Anyway here`s the second (thug) head.

https://www.ravage3d.com/images/SV/SV1_2.jpg

Done alot quicker as its a reworking of the first head - don`t look any thing like the other now.

But looking at it again I need to work the ear area some more.

# 11 25-06-2009 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber
interesting idea!

looks like really nice work on the head

how bout someone is a politician and the other is like a hippy? (just throwing in another idea for you)

3 birthdays in a week sounds pretty intense

btw (looked at your webpage) what's an HND?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 12 25-06-2009 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
# 13 27-06-2009 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Love Your Idea. You have done it again tweety. Good job with the heads.

# 14 30-06-2009 , 01:48 PM
hey tweety great looking face you got goin on im loving this challenge i have a habbit of starting them then something always comes up.

# 15 06-07-2009 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys - sorry for lack of updates but got some messed up computer problems. My graphic card blew in my main pc so I have an old basic one in that for now but it does not run Maya. (We have one good week of hot weather and my PC freaks out arrrrr)

My laptops also giving me crap as none of the network ports are working (wired or wireless). But at least it runs Maya really well (should have used this for it long time ago)

But I have been hard at it, but with another change to my idea. The two head thing was too hard to figure out so I`m now doing a two character set up - one master and one slave. (you`ll see what I mean when I finish it)

Any way the big guy is almost done and started on the doc`s coat - will post some images after I find my memory card. I making him in a pose (not star shaped) which I think was a little bit of a mistake but he`s almost done now.