Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-07-2003 , 02:10 PM

propeller ?

Hello friends !

It´s unbelieveable. Every little detail, and every little object is soo hard to understand and to model - well, I think I give it up guys.

Nurbs modelling is soo hard, and it makes me crazy to learn all myself. user added image

I´m really depressed, I ´m not capable to model a stuid propeller from an old airplane.

How can I do that if I use nurbs ?
I don´t know how the propeller is rotated, that he looks like real.

I´ve tried it with simple circles and modeled that around --> I thought I fit the damm cross section, but all what I do is big crap.

sorry guys for that thread, but I´m really furiously about myself.

and the other problem is always the time:
Hardly I learned something, I have to go to work for 60 hours a week. And one week later I forgot everything, and I can begin again from the front. It´s not enough to spend only 4-6 hours on the weekend . grrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrr

user added image I am really sour on me.....
more & more desperately bernhard

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at
# 2 06-07-2003 , 03:10 PM
Simply Maya OG
Try using a NURBS sphere, and scale/deform it. Even use a Lattice if you have to. If you want to learn, I suggest using the Maya Help files (press F1 while in maya). Thats how all of us started off. Just keep trying, and never give up. user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 07-07-2003 , 09:27 AM

you are right

hello !

today it´s better with me... hehe
:bgreen:

and you are right: NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

thx,
bernhard

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at
# 4 07-07-2003 , 12:54 PM
Bern, one way would be to create your basic prop shape, then apply a twist deformer to it. Another would be to simply grab cvs or hull (assuming you're creating the shape using NURBS/curves) and rotating them. Try this and see if it works for you:

1. Draw the tear drop prop shape using the CV tool (Draw one half and mirror if you like) in the top view. Make sure the curve is closed.

2. Create a planar surface from the curve.

3. Now select a couple of hulls or a batch of CVs and rotate.

Like everything else, there are many different ways to achieve the same thing....some work better than others.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."