Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-11-2004 , 09:21 AM
Subscriber

car

I thought i'd try my hand at modeling a car. This is the low poly body shell (it's a citroen ds). I'm not really sure where to go from here but wherever it is I'll get there in the end! Any pointers would be cool, thanks,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-11-2004 , 06:41 PM
i know the big hole in the front is for the headlights but what are those little holes for?

# 3 14-11-2004 , 07:22 AM
Subscriber
Hello people,

It's been aout a week since I touched this, stoopid work gets in the way of everything!!! Regarding the small holes in the front, they were part of the headlights that I had not joined to the larger holes. I decided that I wasn't happy with the model anyway and started over. Now my head is being totally done in by the creases in the wing and the rear panel. Please could someone help me out with this as whatever I do seems to result in more creases!!! Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 14-11-2004 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber
are the creases turning up in smooth? prob mite be those five sides on the front wheel arches. and the rear panel geometry looks a little compact at first then eases out. try putting the spacing a little more evenly.

don't know if it helps or u tried it already... but hey

# 5 14-11-2004 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber
Cheers for the input Kerosene, the front wheel arches are good when smoothed but the rear panel is still a bit of a mess, I'll keep on playing with the geometry 'till I'm happy with it.