Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 30-04-2005 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
Oh, there sorda like wireless penpads that you can draw on? Thats pretty sweet, thx for the help.

# 32 05-05-2005 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber

3d n Wacom

Hi,

I would like to know if u can use maya with a wacom and if its faster and if u have more control with it... If u can navigate in windows with a good control... I really would like to buy one... I dont know if I should take a 6x9 or 9x12 ($$$)... Finally if there's a really big difference between both... Thks alot

# 33 06-05-2005 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
My Wacom Cintiq 21 is perfect for Maya because everything happens on screen... and there are 8 buttons and two touchstrips on the display so it is easy to navigate a 3D view. An ordinary Wacom is not well suited for 3D work...

# 34 06-05-2005 , 02:00 PM
hi guys!
we ( my brother and me) are also thinking of purchasing a wacom tablet...but we are unsure about some points of the tablet....shall it be a4 or better a5 and what price shall it be?is a cheaper one connected with less quality??can someone help us...?

# 35 06-05-2005 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
Well, how much money are you willing to spend?

# 36 06-05-2005 , 03:53 PM
not more than 200€ (=a bit more than 200 US $ user added image user added image user added image ).

# 37 06-05-2005 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
its not the size of the boat....

you know the rest....

# 38 06-05-2005 , 09:52 PM
to what are u refering to? the the size of the screen or the money???you can interpretate much....too much sometimes

# 39 06-05-2005 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
I was talking about the size of the tablet... really, for me, I was already an experienced artist, especially with drawing. I didn't spend a whole lot on a big tablet.. mainly because of the price and also because I had never used one before. What I meant by my extremely intelligentuser added image statement above... is that you can do just as well of work on either size, you will be just as much of an artist whether or not your wacom is bigger.. however your budget would be the main factor I guess... If I had a larger budget, you betcha I would have snagged a larger one than I actually bought. So my strategy is to use a smaller one for now... then when I have allocated money specifically for such a thing as this, I would grab a better one. Just wasn't a practical move for me to make at the time, yet something I needed/wanted, so I made due with what I could. I'm more than pleased. I'm happy with the small one i've got,.. I bet the bigger ones are convient to use though. Also, if you plan on tracing pictures ( I don't; some ppl do) .. the larger ones are best. But with around $200, you could land yourself in the 6 X 8 area. I'm sure some of the other guys here could help you out more one whats the best model. I've only used this graphire3. I probably didn't help you much...

# 40 09-11-2005 , 04:37 PM

Very nice art

I play WOW too. user added image Only a couple hours a night though, I don't have time like the power gamers do. I play on Whisperwind server, where do you play?

How long does it take you to do these sketches? I have trouble getting nice balance on human drawings. My talent is more with animals. https://www.flickr.com/photos/tinyzoo/ Your work is very nice. Do you do these as concept art? Sorry, I haven't belonged to this community long, as it seems others are more familiar with your work than I am.

I saw a post mention that you do some CG work too? We are seeking more artists of all types (concept art, 3D modelers, UV Wrappers, animators, riggers, 3D cinematographers...) to help create the game world for Visions. I was wondering if you might be interested in joining my volunteer game development team? We are creating a MMORPG of the 2nd century Holy Land. If you are interested you can read more about it on our website.

Either way, I wanted to compliment you on your work.

Blessings to you,
-Sparkling
https://www.visionsgame.com
tinyzoo@yahoo.com

Are you interested in resume experience working on a Game Development project? I'm looking for Volunteers!
# 41 09-11-2005 , 04:52 PM
I play on Dalaran, have a 60 druid, a 45 warlock and a 27 mage..

As far as helping out the work sounds interesting but at this time i dont have the extra time to contribute.

Hope you game goes well

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 42 10-11-2005 , 07:06 PM
Cool. Guess we may not meet in WOW then. My guild depends on me to be on Whisperwind. My hunter is 58, my paladin 28, my priest 24, and a few lower level alts.

Thanks for your reply. I understand that life is busy. If you happen to come across any artists who might be interested in joining y team, please feel free to send them to my website. user added image

Blessings to you.
-Sparkling

Are you interested in resume experience working on a Game Development project? I'm looking for Volunteers!
# 43 10-11-2005 , 08:29 PM
I wish i knew what kind of tablet i have(its not hooked up and its at my parents house). But man the suckers huge. Cost $40(maybe 60) in a bin at Aldis grocery store(once in a while they get discounted items in for whatever reasons). I dont recall ever having a problem with it and it worked out quite well for me, only problem i had was i disliked the style of the pan(hard to use if your left handed, im ambidextrous), But cheaper doesnt always mean worse. Once ina while you find something perfectly acceptable with a cheap tag. So if you see a slightly cheaper one doesnt automatically discount it.

And i really like your side view of the creature with the tusks especialy.

# 44 10-11-2005 , 08:34 PM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
I wish i knew what kind of tablet i have(its not hooked up and its at my parents house). But man the suckers huge. Cost $40(maybe 60) in a bin at Aldis grocery store(once in a while they get discounted items in for whatever reasons). I dont recall ever having a problem with it and it worked out quite well for me, only problem i had was i disliked the style of the pan(hard to use if your left handed, im ambidextrous), But cheaper doesnt always mean worse. Once ina while you find something perfectly acceptable with a cheap tag. So if you see a slightly cheaper one doesnt automatically discount it.

And i really like your side view of the creature with the tusks especialy.

This is encouraging. I have been wanting a computer drawing tablet for a long time, but they are always $200 and up (usually closer to $500) and I just kinda quit looking at them. It was too discouraging. Maybe I should keep my eyes open.

Congrats on your nice tablet! Sounds like fun.

Blessings to you.
-Sparkling

# 45 10-11-2005 , 08:53 PM
Hey I have a Wacom, its 6x8 Intous 3, and I love it. I never used their Painter Essentials, but I plan on installing it tonight now that I have seen Kurt's excellent work. As you may or may not know, it is also the subject of my contest entry!