Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-05-2006 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber

Robert Scott 360 Modena Tutorial

I'd just like to say this was a great tutorial and the author did a great job. I can say it definetly showed me better workflow while modeling and texturing in maya. The little things in the tutorials helped improved my skills in Maya: creating your personal shelf buttons, shortcut keys, snapping to curves and verticies etc.

I strayed away from Roberts original design a little towards the end as I was going for a bit more detail. The final model isn't done as I still have the mirrors, calipers and a few other little things to texture. For whatever reason though my intake mesh textures don't show up when i render in Mental Ray. I have yet to find find a solution to this problem.

Not to sound narcissistic but I have come a long way, and I hope these test renders show others how good the tutorials really are. Once again I'd like to thank Mr. Scott and others at Learning Maya for taking the time to help others buy offering such tutorials for such good prices. :bow: Thanks for reading :p Crits & Comments welcome.

user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image
user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image