Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-06-2007 , 05:03 PM

HELP

Hello could somebody please help.. im doin a project for college that needs to be in for next friday, it keeps ****ing itself up and im just about ready to put my face through a window.

These trees... they look fine until i import those little people below... after which they have those outlines above them whenever i render them with the volume fog turned on.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e21/AGHHHH.jpg

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

please

# 2 09-06-2007 , 05:08 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
You say volume fog, is it from a volumetric primitive or is it the environment fog button in the render globals?

Jay

# 3 09-06-2007 , 05:36 PM
its a volume fog texture applied to a sphere, rendered in mental ray

# 4 09-06-2007 , 06:09 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Sorry for the questions, but why are you using mental ray? I'll be honest here, this doesnt even look like an MR Render, you'd be better off with the standard maya renderer, its easier to use especially when it comes to fog. If this is an animation, I render out Zdepth passes and apply it as a comp in after effects or something afterwards, if you arent experienced with something like MR dont go to deep to soon. you need to learn the concepts of lighting...

Jay

# 5 09-06-2007 , 06:51 PM
Hey sorry for th wait... just tried in on software + the fog wont show up, should volume fog work without MR?
The thing is i need the fog to fade outwards because this is in a dome, + u cant do that with env fog.

Also it actualy seems to be quicker on MR, it freezes up if I render in software (except at preview quality)

Last edited by bigcoolme21; 09-06-2007 at 09:03 PM.