Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-05-2008 , 02:23 AM

Create a leaf

How would one go on creating a leaf for like....a palm tree?

# 2 13-05-2008 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
I'd think paint effects would be the method of choice unless you are looking for something with extreme detail as used for a closeup.
In which case I'd say box modeling would probably work just fine with a smooth, or convert to sub-ds.

It really depends on what extent you wish to take the details.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 13-05-2008 , 10:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
A better and more realish method would be a polygon plane and 1 and 1 in divisions. Find a good resolution image of a palm leaf and apply the textures. Ensure that the texture as an alpha channel.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)