Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-10-2010 , 04:57 PM
Acid44

2008 Artega GT

Something I'm working on for me game modeling portfolio... It's at pretty high poly count ATM but I'm going to be doing a lot of poly reduction once it's all sorted and done

Headlights aren't final, I just have no idea how to make them properly...

I'm not too happy with the dashboard... May redo it today

EDIT: The little spoiler thing on the back is wrong too... It's supposed to curve into the body and I just made it kinda mush in... See images at the end of post for what I mean

Click to enlarge, again after the jump for full size
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Also click to enlarge

user added image
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Acid44; 05-12-2010 at 06:27 AM.
# 2 20-10-2010 , 08:20 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
great start havent seen a car here in a while
also wireframe please

# 3 20-10-2010 , 08:45 PM
Acid44
Thanks, I'll get a wire up tonight or tomorrowuser added image

# 4 22-10-2010 , 03:26 AM
Acid44
Here's the wire, also did wheels last night, quick screenshot from the rendering program to show those below. Forgot to add the little cylinder in the middle of the wheel ;P will add next time I open the wheel file :p

Next to come is the rear splitter probably

Can't seem to figure out the seats and the headlights/ tail lights, anyone know any tuts?

Click to enlarge

user added image
user added image

Last edited by Acid44; 22-10-2010 at 03:29 AM.
# 5 23-10-2010 , 06:22 PM
Acid44
Got the tyres done last night, took a lot longer than I thought... hopefully I can get more done today...

Click to enlarge, again after the jump for full size

user added image

Last edited by Acid44; 28-10-2010 at 06:23 AM.
# 6 23-10-2010 , 08:19 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
love how this is shaping out if you are using final gather why not turn on secondary bounce to light up the render abit more it looks really dark on my screen

# 7 23-10-2010 , 08:35 PM
Acid44
Thanks man user added image

I'm using a third party program to render, next time I'll do it a bit brighter, I forgot my monitors contrast is epically high user added image

# 8 06-11-2010 , 09:30 AM
Acid44
Bit busy ATM, starting school and such, so uh, here's another render of the wheel for now, once I saw this render I was immediately displeased with the tire... Doesn't quite make a circle like it should, so I may start again.

Click to enlarge.

user added image