Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 06-06-2003 , 10:00 PM
You guys should see the director of Beyond. Lol. Check him out on the extras. Guy´s a drunk crazy dude. I suppose that´s why they chose him. user added image

# 17 07-06-2003 , 10:39 AM

yeah

yeah kids story is funny when matrix has a error user added image
but the last movie wehen then try to programming the robot into human its cool to : }

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 18 07-06-2003 , 02:13 PM

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 19 07-06-2003 , 02:20 PM

great post!

wow there are very interesting topics!
i go check up the motion institute...

:o user added image

# 20 16-06-2003 , 12:51 PM
I really loved the first one, light of the Osiris, high-endn animation.. One day... I will create my own DVD with a clip of that !.. user added image...... The rest were also very good.

Loved Beyond, because of the mood. There was something there when i watched that on.

The weirdest one, IMO, was World record... in a special way drawn and animated.

But hey... It was entertaining for me and that counts !

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 21 24-09-2003 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
I loved it my fav ones were osiris,programed and the haunted house all the rest were pretty cool too, some very awesome stuff.
I found the docummentries about the making of, was just so interesting ... really, realy cool to see how the whole thing came about it also had some interesting info on the history of animation from astroboy (some of u might not know it) to ghost in the shell . I used to live in Papua new guinea so i was real lucky to grow up with tonnes of anime every mornin before school ... im ranting now its late im going to sleep user added image

When at first you dont suceed .....give up
# 22 25-09-2003 , 05:44 AM
HAL 9000:
"I liked the first few but personally I think they ran out of ideas after the first 4 or 5."

You cant say THEY ran out of ideas because these directors were working individually on a story and NOT together. You can put it like this maybe: "The other directors' stories werent as good"..

but in my opinion: all the movies were great because they served a purpose in showing you possibities of other things happening in this world of the Matrix. Hence the saying "FREE YOUR MIND"... so you can look at things in different ways hence looking at the animatrix episodes in a more educational and something like "ohh yeah that is a possibility" and not "oh i didnt like the other episodes, they were crap"..

but in this free world, you are entitled to your OWN opinion user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 23 25-09-2003 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by orgeeizm
HAL 9000:
": all the movies were great because they served a purpose in showing you possibities of other things happening in this world of the Matrix. Hence the saying "FREE YOUR MIND"..

user added image

Yeah I totally agree .. i dont understand it when you see something that clearly is a very difficult 'thing' to produce being discarded and brushed off so easily .. if you can make something better than do it till then quit with the crits user added image they are only human

Last edited by Dirkusrhombas; 25-09-2003 at 11:16 AM.
# 24 25-09-2003 , 11:22 AM
user title spammer
i loved the haunted house one ... i thought it was one of the best ... others i might not have understood, but the one (sorry forgot the name) with the long sword-fight at the beginning was quite dumb in my oppinion, especially the old-women saying "oh sorry, i must have been in another world" (don´t remember the exact phrase) was stupid ... i hated that one ...

the qualitiy of haunted house i loved.. its that great japanese style of using photographs and composit it together with the comic-style characters ... GREAT ! just like "chihiro" and "my neighboor totoro" ... if you know this great animes

MY OPPINION user added image

have a nice day

Train

Last edited by train_ucl; 25-09-2003 at 11:27 AM.
# 25 25-09-2003 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
Gonno drop some comments on you train user added image
re (story1 flight of the osiris)

I cant really pick a fav each has tonnes of merits but it think you touched and important subject for me which was the flight of the osiris (the first one) lacked direction imo .. It looked great fantastic friking amazing i loved the look but I felt that there was a real problem with the flow of the story. Anyone else agree?

I also think that there was a lack of interesting camera shots/movement and a ::: small ::: lack of creativity when changing between scenes (Ie better dialoge) . It could have been a lot better but they were on a short budget and time was sparse.
Getting back to what I think was a lack of creativity im sure that they would have been able to do much, much more with more time = animators worst enemy

Some of the good shots were the shots at the start of the short with the sword fight were really titilating and unique also the female character jumping through the glass and the close up on her when she lands was put together quite brilliantly. Also the chase scene with the sentinels was just plain awesome but too short for my liking I demand more !!! hehe

# 26 25-09-2003 , 01:25 PM
I saw it about 2 months or something ago... it's alright... not the best ever though. I definately think that the 3D one was the best, basically because i am fed up of anime. Anime used to be like, something only cool people liked, now everyone loves it, and make kids programs everywhere. It's overused and now sucks user added image

# 27 25-09-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
LoL yeah totally agree

I could list tonnes of crap anime kids programs ... that is if i actually bothered to register the fact that they existed.

But the anime in the matrix is way above the average anime imo it rox user added image

# 28 25-09-2003 , 04:45 PM
One of the reason why these new anime's as you guys say "suck", is because they have NOT totally grasped the real style of anime and its storytelling. I have watched anime since I was a little kid i remember about 14 years ago when I first saw the Dragon Ball series in japanese (english subtitle) and then on I kept watching japanese creations. These guys made it and they know how to implement it. The new american directors or even japanese directors that have been here in the U.S. most their life may NOT even have grasped the entire essence of anime and that is PROBABLY why alot of people now are going: "oh. its just another anime, whatever, im tired of that kind of crap..i like those really cool 3d ones!!" or whatever else they say.

If you want really good animes, look for directors with credentials in Japan. Thats where it was created, thats where its really good.

BUT then again, there are alot of possibilities which people here in the U.S. might already have grasped the concept of it and who knows, maybe theyll make anime like japan.

But anyway, thats just how i see it. user added image

Dirkusrhombas: I agree that the anime in the Matrix is above average, not just because of the directors who have made it and because the Wachowski was supervising them, but because they had their style, story, and implementation all going in sync. I dont know if other people will see it like that, but thats just me.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 29 25-09-2003 , 05:42 PM

? im watching anime since 7 years I LOVE IT!!!

i really love anime and im in big respect to JAPANSE and korean drawing artists they are so amazing creativity!

they hav all genres of social and fantasy anime, for everybody is a anime or mange to tell him a story or make him look forward in life!

there are all so a lot of fantastic cg-animated compositings of anime.

LOVE LOVE ANIME me user added image user added image user added image

gundam
puni puni poemi
Dual
Ah megami sama!
virtual on!
vandread
Inu yasha
nadesico
shin roh
gost in the shell 1+2
battle angel alita
AKIRA
escaflowne
macross
noir
lain
HACK:sign
Z.O.E dolores and Idolo
grave of fireflies
monokoe
porco rosso
laputa castle in the sky
spirited away

and there a lot more of real anime, i think its mutch more artistic and skilled in production than these / dubbed /cutted /with wrong soundtrack faked animes they show on TV!

of coarse there are cheap anime but these are crap for the mass!

user added image

# 30 25-09-2003 , 06:05 PM
lets not get too carried away with the topic of "animatrix" user added image

personal favs: macross, ghost in the shell, dbz, escaflowne, vampireD, akira