Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-05-2005 , 02:09 PM

Maya4.5

Good morning, A relative of mine has just handed down his full version of maya4.5 to me as a gift, but he did not keep any of his books (careless) . I am facinated with the maya software but I don't know how to use it. (I just started to use 3ds max7). but I would love to learn Maya. How can I learn it without having to purchase a book? are there any ways of learning the software online?

# 2 02-05-2005 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
I don't think that your relative is allowed to had down the software. As far as I am aware, the licence is NOT transferrable. You may want to check with Alias direct, but I am sure that you should not be using this copy.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 3 02-05-2005 , 03:06 PM
There are tonnes of tutorials online. Most of them are free. Just google search and you'll find them.

# 4 02-05-2005 , 03:42 PM

maya4.5

Thank you.

# 5 02-05-2005 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kennez
I don't think that your relative is allowed to had down the software. As far as I am aware, the licence is NOT transferrable. You may want to check with Alias direct, but I am sure that you should not be using this copy.

Take it easy kennez, its quite a old version of the software, and it was given as a gift. As long as the rikiflo doesnt make money from it or use it a commercial sense is it really that much worse than having a PLE version of later builds of Maya. Not sure its worth launching onto the high moral horse on this one - but thats just my opinion.

As for tutorials, google is your friend, but you have managed to get yourself to this webiste ok, try some of the free video tuts and if your still in to it get some points to pay for the VIP tuts. There are lots of really good tutors, and the forum is always great for answering questions.

# 6 03-05-2005 , 10:15 AM
thanks a bunch fellas, if you're ever in allentown ,PA ; give me a buzz.

# 7 03-05-2005 , 10:19 AM
Subscriber
It should have come with online documentation, which has a few simple tutorials, as well as the usual help files. Just press F1 to access it (within Maya, of course).

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/