Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-09-2005 , 08:52 PM

Couple of maya problems, and quick question.

I am having some problems with modeling.
First of all, sometimes when I try to merge polys by doing boolyans, then unity, both of the polygons just dissappear. I also sometimes try to merge 2 vertices of polygons, and nothing happens. Unless Im just not looking hard enough, but it doesnt move!
Also, How can I take a model I made, and Apply a skeleton to it, for versatile animation?

My question is, I am sort of new to this stuff, and learning fast. Are there any Books/dvds you can recommend for beginners to learn some advanced modeling, and to get all the stuff down. They dont need to be from the site, just from anywhere in general. I am working on my drawing skills for good looking models, with like a reference backround. and a guide to modeling would help me turn them 3d.

Last edited by Ir0n_SamuraI; 19-09-2005 at 09:21 PM.
# 2 20-09-2005 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
For the Booleans problem, ensure that both polys are 'sat' inside each other or the poly for some reason do disappear.

For the merge poly's tool, click the option box next to the merge poly menu then alter the slider distance as this controls how close the polys have to be with respect to each other before they merge, basically so you don't merge hald of your model together without realising it and believe me its easily done.

As for rigging I'm currently learning that myself so unfortunately I cannot help you other than suggest buying the low poly bundle in the DVD section here like myself or 'google' free maya rigging tutorials, though most of the links are dead that I found.

Hope this helps.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.