Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-11-2005 , 08:04 AM

splitting polygons in stright lines

I realize this might not be the brightest of questions, but is there a way to split a polygon in a stright line, paralell to its sides? Say if you have a square polygon and want to split it down the middle or another arbitary place, without using subdivide.

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 2 09-11-2005 , 08:25 AM
Subscriber
cut poly tool?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 09-11-2005 , 08:41 AM
Yes, the cut poly tool, but there must be a better way to get 90 degree angles, than aim-n-shoot.

In the begining God created a whole lot of rigid bodies, and set some motion paths. He also set the lighting.
# 4 09-11-2005 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Go into side view and wait until the line has no jagged edges in it, then you know that you've cut straight lol. Or, if you're cutting down the middle, it will automatically snap to the middle between to vertexes.

# 5 09-11-2005 , 02:19 PM
That's sort of what I meant by aim-n-shoot, so there is no such thing as ortho or angular snap?

# 6 09-11-2005 , 02:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
The split poly tool will snap to edge mid-points, unless that's turned off in its options.

# 7 09-11-2005 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
The split poly tool will snap to edge mid-points, unless that's turned off in its options.

That's what I said! (I didn't say it as clearly as you, however user added image)