Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-06-2006 , 09:58 PM

good starting tips

could someone point me in the right direction of what i should start to learn first using maya 7?

Or maybe some books i should purchase that would help me out with it..

im not TOTAL noob with the software- but i am in desperate need of guidance

# 2 02-06-2006 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
Hmm maybe try some of the tutorials on this page, there are both free and some more comprehensive (is that how you spell it?) tutorials here.

Snowfall in June, I'm gonna model my own Tropic Paradise Iceland.
# 3 02-06-2006 , 12:14 AM
You could watch the tutorial videos that come with Maya as well as look through the help files.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 02-06-2006 , 12:34 AM
when you say tut vids are you talking abotu the like 6 that pop up? because i watched those, and all the help stuff is really dense

i was thinking about getting the book Introducing Maya 7: 3D modeling or whatever

worth it?

# 5 02-06-2006 , 07:58 AM
Subscriber
the maya 7 book by alias ..with the robot is really good . It helps you get the basics down

i really suggest the tutorials on this sight. i have the book but it is alot clearer when you see someone doing it and learning from that when you have issues, in my opinion ...

or do both ...then you have a grip on the basics and can go from there

# 6 04-06-2006 , 07:59 AM
Subscriber
yeah, do the free dog tutorial for example, that really got me going.

good luck