Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-11-2006 , 01:36 AM

Hotkey for Backface Culling?

I keep on togling the Backface Culling in the Custom Polygon Display Options dialog about every 2 min. Is there a hotkey for this?
Maybe a simple MEL command I can turn into a button? I'm a noob with MEL, but maybe something with modelEditor?

# 2 23-11-2006 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber
This should solve your problem Eelco,

under the Window menu go to Settings/Preferences and choose Hotkey Editor, a new window will open. On the left hand side of the new window choose Display from the Category list and then scroll down the Commands list to ToggleBackfaceGeometry and select it.

In the Assign New Hotkey box choose your key and combination of alt or ctrl then assign it. You may have to query your choice a few times before you get something that isn't already assigned, I chose ctrl+p for this and it worked just fine.

Voila you can now toggle the backface of any selected geometry.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 23-11-2006 , 11:15 AM
Another way that could work is to hold down ctrl + shift, and then click on the menu button. That should put the button on your shelf.

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 4 24-11-2006 , 01:09 AM
Found the ToggleBackfaceGeometry . Gonna save me a lot of clicking user added image
Thanks.