Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 09-07-2007 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
I've been staying away from relationships, they always seem to get me stuck in a rut and it never goes good. Plus I have other things in my life that I'm focusing on. Not saying I wouldn't date a girl right now but she has to be willing to not need to spend every second with me like previous girlfriends. I never seem to do anything when with someone. But damn I do miss it at the same time. Been a few years since my last relationship.

# 17 11-07-2007 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Classical
Closest thing Ill ever get to having a girlfriend is when I was in a private chat window with lonelygirl_18 On jippii.com chat.

Best 10 minutes of my life..

I was like: Hey!
She responded with a: Hello!
I pushed on saying: WHats up?
She said: "Nothing much, you?"
And so on..

Was beautiful..

beautiful story hope they make a film out of it.. hahaha

but i know what you mean...

i try to stay away from girls till I got a job in england or usa to settle down.... but before.... no i would move everything would break up and i can now work me to death... or nearly. still got my holdays from last year.

but let's see after visiting escape studios.

and btw. congrats mike. user added image

# 18 11-07-2007 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
congrats Mike, nothing better than the happiness that comes a loving partner.., as they say, the best things in life are free user added image

the internet story was stunningly beautiful and full of adventure, Im on to the script now and the movie should be done by the end of the year.., should be able to fit it to a 60 sec mobile phone movie user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 19 15-07-2007 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
I've been married five years (we renewed our vows on our fifth anniversary). The Mrs. has been INCREDIBLY supportive these past five years and has made many sacrifices so that I could learn Maya. As a freelance animator, I have variable down time, so I could spend anywhere from 2 to 12+ hours a day on Maya. I also work as a musician (a few well-placed gigs go a long way in paying the bills) and also belong to the NY Army National Guard. Last year, I dragged my desktop along on active duty and will probably do the same.

Any time I'm not doing something else (job, church, time with the Mrs. or the military), I'm working on Maya (either doing or studying).

The fact that I am making the transition from 2D to 3D pretty much amounts to the equivalent of a mid-life career change, and there is a fair amount of luck and timing involved in getting that dream gig.

I have pretty much given up all other hobbies and interests in favor of Maya for the time being, as it is a difficult program to master. At this point, five years of diligence is starting to pay off.

Burn out? No such thing. Yes, there are times when I just stare at the screen or sit in a state of utter frustration (ie I cannot get that ^#%$*& rig to work), but I realize that I have a new career to launch, and sitting around isn't going to help.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity to learn that I have been given, and plan to run woth it.

To Cold Wave:

I do sympathize with your plight. I had the pleasure of working with a young Bulgarian lady myself (her and her musician husband moved to New York City and she was an assistant animator at a studio I worked at) who would describe life in her home country (however poor it may be right now, Bulgaria certainly is a beautiful country based on the pictures she showed us). There is a small but significant Bulgarian community here in New York City. You'd be welcome here! (BTW I'm of Grecian ancestry, so technically we're ethnic "neighbors"!) Keep following your dreams!

A good thread, but I do have to get back to work! :-)

PS congrats, Mike!!! All the best to you & the Mrs.!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 20 15-07-2007 , 10:24 PM
I'm 18 now .. if i don't give up Maya i think i have some future ... Yeah and Bulgaria is HELL BEAUTIFUL but poor ... If i had the chance of good work and nice payment i prefere staying here .. but my Brother is now in NANTACKET near Boston and he gets lots of money building some houses there ... and maybe i will go to USA when i get older user added image

# 21 19-07-2007 , 02:10 AM
Acid44
ive got a girlfriend... we've only been together 2 months but it feels like years...:blush:

pros:every thing about her:blush:

cons:i feel guilty if shes around and im on the computer unless she says its ok and i actually ask her every time

# 22 21-07-2007 , 02:51 PM
I've been happily married for ten years, and there's no end in sight. I have two kids, three and four, and that has to be the most important thing in my life. I've used Maya, Lightwave, and all the rest for over a decade, and have come to the conclusion that none of it is as important as my family. What else have you really got in the end? This is all cool stuff, and you need to work at it. I did it all the time when I was 18 too. But it's not the main thing for me anymore.

We computer nerds spend way too much time festering over stupid things, such as whether to use Mac or a PC, which software package to use, etc. Take it from me folks, Maya isn't going to be there for you when you're 75...

# 23 21-07-2007 , 03:33 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for all the congrats! user added image 6 months until the big day!

Congrats to you, Andacar, for 10 years! I'm looking forward to my next 10 years and getting some little tykes of my own one day.