Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 91 18-03-2003 , 10:43 AM
Kevin
fantastic work mr undseth!!! well done mate, nicely detailed

# 92 18-03-2003 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
now that is excellent work! Are you going to give it a weathered look or do u plan on keeping it brand spanking new?

# 93 18-03-2003 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
hehe
Texture will come, just have to figure out how to tackle the last nurbsToPoly conversion.

I will later aim for photorealism, but I feel I need to learn more about lighting.

Making white materials appear roughly white seems to be a problem of mine. The first pic shows a white lambert, but it has a strong blue coloring. Guess I have to make the environment more white and not that blue like in the original photo.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 94 18-03-2003 , 01:12 PM
Subscriber
I understand...I think the blue hue u r talking about comes from the GI_Joe lighting. It makes more sense if u make the blue colour used in the sky lights a little more white. As for the off-white u r looking for....hmmm maybe u could add a little noise (maybe fractal?) to the diffuse channel of the shader. Just something to break up the planarity of the white user added image

# 95 18-03-2003 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
What if you took that image you are using for the background and add it to the HDRI setting in GI_Joe? Just add the file to the sky color.

That way your light should reflect those colors off of the hull.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 96 18-03-2003 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
I already did that, but I used an other map, which apparantly are more bluish.

But thanks for answering guys!

hmmm I'll try to map the diffuse channel, never tried that before user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!