Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-09-2009 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber

medieval Pillory

well i havnt been modeling for a long time and so i decided to try something random.

Made a medieval Pillory, just wanted to share it but considering im not very good at adding textures or rendering .. im afraid this might be as far as i can go with this model

I guess i could add screws and such but i dunno

feel free to critique

and now to figure out something else to make

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Last edited by WH33LS; 14-09-2009 at 06:56 AM.
# 2 14-09-2009 , 06:12 PM
Subscriber
Hey Wheels.
Do you have any wireframes? the modeling looks pretty solid tho my biggest crit would be that the padlock looks very weak and flimsy. Appart from that good work.

I would also suggest going through to the end with this project as its quite a cool one (in fact im gonna do one of these myself now!). If your not good at something you wont get better by avoiding it i used to hate texturing i found UV layous tedious and taking foever... Now ive done it a few times its actually really fast.

Again would love to see some Wires so i can give real crits on modeling. Did you use the smooth modifier or just bevel the edges?

Good work tho.

T

- Big Tom
www.digitaltom.co.uk
# 3 14-09-2009 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
ill get some wireframe images

I did smooth the model out but i modeled the edges to make it appear like a Router was used to give the 'wood' a fancy appearance

and i agree the lock does look a bit weak, i might have to bulk it up a little

Thanks for the post