Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-04-2010 , 06:24 PM

Animating a post-it note?

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to Maya, so bear with me...

I'm trying to animate a post-it note, in the same fashion that a hand would pick up the bottom edge and pull it back, taking it off the pad of post-its. I assume I can do this by making a bunch of edges and moving them individually, but I was wondering if there is a modifier or something that could do this kind of animation - you know, a shortcut - that will make it more quickly and effectively. Can anyone help me out?

# 2 04-04-2010 , 07:46 PM
EduSciVis-er
Sure, use a bend deformer. Select your geometry (with enough res that it will bend without big flat sections) and create defomer > non-linear > bend deformer. Arrange the resulting deformer to go in the desired axis, then open up the attributes and change the bend value.

For more info, use the maya help on bend deformers, but I hope that gives you something to go on.

# 3 04-04-2010 , 11:23 PM
Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!