Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-03-2015 , 06:47 PM

Tennis court demo reel

# 2 08-03-2015 , 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Good effort, I think scenes like these can be a bit difficult to pull off if you're not too familiar with scene management in Maya. For example, the seating is a bit sparse and that was maybe due to them being duplicate geometry instead of more resource friendly proxies.

My biggest crits for this are:

There are proportion issues, most notably when you look at the size of the seating compared to the doors. Consider using a human figure stand in for some visual assistance. The bump on the floor is bit strong and scaled too large I think. Plus most of the surfaces are quite matte and most things in the real world are reflective even if its to a very slight degree so consider using shader with reflective/specular properties and creating textures to vary them.

Then there is the lighting, its coming from everywhere with no decay, no shadows. Try starting with the most influential light source first (sun, large lamps or whatever), get the base going for direction, intensity, color, shadow softness and work your way down to smaller detail lights. Ah that's the end of my crit or maybe rant lol. Keep at it and don't be shy to post progress.

- Genny
# 3 22-05-2015 , 03:39 PM
Thanks for your opinion, did as many improvements I could, previously I used Maya Hardware 2.0 to render it, cuz it was lighter than Mental ray for my PC, but now I found that Pixar's renderman reyes is really good for slow PCs and it gave me the opportunity to render it with lights and shadows, also I tried to fix the proportions of the chairs and fixed a bit more the textures, here's the new link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7KmqDULCI