Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 06-06-2003 , 03:21 PM
I already planned my own version of your second quoice. So I say go with the first one. user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 47 06-06-2003 , 03:50 PM
Well Ultra... Sorry user added image I am going to stick with more of an armored car thing, but it will look more like a beefed up Suv than a tank, so I think ours will be far enough apart. Hope thats ok.. Here is a snap shot of my fender in its early stages... This is not based on a vehicle that is currently out on the market or anything. Thanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 48 06-06-2003 , 04:07 PM
Here is the hood...
Movin right along...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 49 06-06-2003 , 04:17 PM
*cries* man.. your too good at modeling.. lol looks fantastic as allways!
- laurie

FX supervisor - double negative
# 50 06-06-2003 , 04:23 PM
user added image Funny, here is the door... I did the hood fender and door in about 25 min... its not modified or armored yet. I allways thought it was easy to start with a *stock* look and then go from there. Most of this will probably be covered up with armoruser added image

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 06-06-2003 at 04:26 PM.
# 51 06-06-2003 , 04:24 PM
oops here is the door...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 52 06-06-2003 , 04:42 PM
Hmm... Here is the back fender... Wondering.... Should I make it more like a truck... Or more like an SUV... Cover or no cover in the back??? Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 53 06-06-2003 , 04:43 PM
again I forgot to post the image... Sorry...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 54 06-06-2003 , 06:47 PM
Actually, I think M stated that it's not to look like a car at all. (?)

...not sure what that means, so ya might wanna clarify it with him just in caseuser added image

Lookin GREAt as usual m8!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 55 06-06-2003 , 08:10 PM
Said its not to model a car and say its for extreme speeds. I took that as to mean it mustnt be a car car for any condition that a car can already traverse, except extremes of climates.

# 56 06-06-2003 , 08:59 PM
Subscriber
i think a car that could drive on solid ice would even be okay, he just meant that it couldn't look like a reg car, add a big vertical fin, and say " oh this is a car than can go 9000 miles per hour"

looking cool man, I'm definately picturing it with a cover although right now the tire and the "truck" really don't belong so i'm having trouble picturing the final at all...are you working out of you're head? Or did you draw a sketch somewhere?

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 06-06-2003 at 09:02 PM.
# 57 06-06-2003 , 10:05 PM
Hmm.... Lets say I started with a regular wheel and tire.... And what I have been posting of the wheel, is what it looks like modified, with all of the bolts, spikes, ect... Now it doesn't even look like a regular wheel/tire anymore. That is what I was going to do with the body. It will probably not look anything like it does now... It will be very stylized, and will not resemble a machine that you see drive around everyday. user added image Idecided to give it a top, with a very short wheel base and it will have only two doors... I won't be able to post another image untill after the weekend, so hopefully by then i will have the generic body done, and I will have allready started modifying it... I was kind hoping to make something that would have come out of the movie "Water World" or "Mad Max" Like if there was Nuclear holocaust or whatever in 50-100 yrs, and everything froze over, and then someone had to modify a regular vehicle or something.... How does this sound? Would that be ok for the competition, I mean it would be a vehicle made to go over a specific Terrain (ice), and It will be out of the future... Let me know what you guys think. I have only been working on it for a little while. Thanks!! Brian

Hmmm... Remember when I started to Model Fred? user added image in the end I think he fit the guidelines of the competition pretty well. user added image

BTW Just found out that one of my sticks of memory is bad in my machine.. Grr... I tell ya, its one thing after another. Thanks for all of your comments!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 58 07-06-2003 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber
Sweet thanx for mapping that out for us brian, i wish i had the skill to model like that. But i can't even imagine that that would make anything easier for me. Probably much harder. Thats why i'm still a noob tho! Can't wait for monday = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 59 07-06-2003 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
BTW did you go up in the arch? Thats pretty cool to.:bgreen:

When I lived in St.Louis I went up there once... it was pretty cool... user added image

-Emo

# 60 07-06-2003 , 08:27 AM
All looks nurbs to me.. bi rail tool ?

FX supervisor - double negative