Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-10-2004 , 02:45 AM

deleting nurbs history

when i delete the history after i have used to global stich the global stich does not work anymore and the nurbs patches seperate. I am worried becuase before you animate you have to delete the history? Does anyone have any solutions or am i doing something wrong?

# 2 10-10-2004 , 02:57 AM
The Maya Mountain
You can try leaving the global stitch history on there, but it'll probably be a bit sluggish.

Otherwise, you'd need to paint the weights of the joints being used so that the patches don't come apart during animation. Kinda tedious.

# 3 10-10-2004 , 03:01 AM
what about just grouping it after all the changes are made? but if i group it will that still give it a history? might this work?

thanks

christian

# 4 10-10-2004 , 03:56 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Christian Kugler
what about just grouping it after all the changes are made? but if i group it will that still give it a history? might this work?

thanks

christian

you need to global stitch history to remain on the patches. otherwise they will not be seamless. even if you weight them properly, the will break during animation or the tangents will not remain continious.
global stitch is necessary for a patch model to be animatable [properly animated as if a single continious surface].
grouping them will not help.