Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-12-2006 , 11:15 AM

odd window problem (maya 8)

I am using the 4 part window, and for some reason, both of the views on the left side are ganged together. Whatever I do to one, also happens to the other, rather annoying since I want a top and a front view. Any idea what I might have done?

# 2 02-12-2006 , 01:39 PM
Senior Software Developer
I take it your looking at the Persp and 3 Othra views? In Maya if you resize the verticle bar it ammends it for the whole bar, not just the top or bottom sections. The same goes for the horizontal bar.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 06-12-2006 , 12:19 AM
that's the view I'm looking at. Actually it seems that I have got rid of the "top" camera, since when I turn cameras on in the perspective view, I can't see it anywhere. Both windows to the left of the screen are using the front camera. any idea how to get the top camera back?

# 4 06-12-2006 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber
Ahh!

Panels->Orthographic->Top

I believe if you do that in the panel you'd like the top view in, all your problems will fade away.....

Simon

# 5 06-12-2006 , 12:51 AM
so painfully simple, thanks!