Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-03-2008 , 11:21 PM

Timeline scrubbing problem

Hey guys! After numerous changes in settings and preferences (and i wish now i’d keep track of what the hell i’m changing), the view panel doesn’t get updated anymore as i scrub in the timeline. I can see all the keyframes just fine, and the frame i’m on is highlighted. I can also preview my animation in playblast, or using time control buttons (play forward, step back one key, ect) and as i scrub in trax editor. Is it possible that the problem is that i have mental ray for Maya 9.0, that’s what it says in output window, while the application itself is Maya 2008?
Thank you
:bow:

# 2 02-03-2008 , 01:57 PM
did u try restoring to the default settings.
about MAYA 9.0 and MAYA 2008, they are the same. 2008 came out after 8.5. so ...

# 3 02-03-2008 , 11:08 PM
Got it!
Window-> Settings/Preferences ->Performance settings -> Dependency Graph Evaluation ->changed from 'release' to 'drag'. works now user added image
thank you, effacer