Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 61 07-03-2010 , 04:32 AM
Lifetime Member
I assume that is the same as my dropbox.com account?? works in the same way?? Just save the images in sequence (file) and copy the link as I have been doing?? Yeh I started doing that at the start so site wasnt storing my stuff. I will try it today.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 62 07-03-2010 , 07:47 AM
Lifetime Member

my_barrel

Ok ctbram,

1.5 hours this time. Only a 30 sec reminder from tutorial, edge loops firmly in brain.

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 63 07-03-2010 , 09:03 AM
Lifetime Member

dropbox

bullet1968

# 64 07-03-2010 , 09:06 AM
The thin red line
Hi Bullet
Your model is comming on nicely also I can see that link now................dave

# 65 07-03-2010 , 09:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Dave,

now I know how to use this Dropbox oojamaskip I can just post the link to my models, leaving SM a lot more room to breathe.

Im going to try and tackle the cockpit in a little more detail, now that I found (by myself, with a little emulation from ctbram) how to detach the components. Im learning, getting divorced probably (joking). My 3 boys think its cool.

bullet1968

# 66 21-03-2010 , 02:10 AM
Lifetime Member

lancaster

Hi guys, well its been a long week at work and not enought ime to do my Lanc. I have learnt a lot from a special friend and appllied that to a simpler model of an STOL 701. I will finish the 701 first and then go back to the Lanc. What I have learnt over the last few days isnt a lot to some but brain bustingly euphoric for me. What I am learning on the 701 will give me a better understanding of how to go about the finishing of the Lanc. I will delete the cockpit I made and maybe even the fuselage and do it again, I have now realised some mistakes that I have made and will simplify it first BEFORE trying to do the little stuff. This jpeg of the 701 has been smoothed to show my old boss (kinda my Dad) what it will look like. Its taken a few hours but I am getting faster the more I practice. I have edges to clean up and tighten areas along the body but as a blockout Im happy with most of it.

Thanks again to a very special some one for the guidance provided and your time to help a novice, you are one top person.

Cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 67 21-03-2010 , 02:12 AM
Lifetime Member
For the record my old boss is building this plane in his garage, hopefully the city of Perth will see it flying sooner rather than later. 5 years so far so I hope not too much longer.

bullet1968

# 68 21-03-2010 , 03:07 AM
Hey that is looking very good Bullet. I was interested in the CH 701 so I went to the Zenithair website. I really like the STOL and unimproved field operational capabilities of that aircraft.

The CH 750 is nice also with its slightly wider cockpit.

Looking forward to seeing the final model. Keep up the good work.

The plane is not a looker but its STOL performance is very impressive. In a 25 knot head wind I could fly this airplane backwards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIRss...A784B9&index=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVS27...A784B9&index=2

I had the opportunity to fly a Fieseler Storch (German aircraft from WWII) back in the 80's for a local airshow at New Hudson airport in Michigan. For the demo I was taking off in the width of a taxiway. The plane goes airborn in like one and a half tire rotation. With a slight head wind you can take off and it looks like you are just levitating straight up lol!

It scares the bajesus out of passengers and to be honest the first few times I flew it I was sucking up seat material as it is just not natural to have nearly no forward airspeed and a close to 60 degree climb angle.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 21-03-2010 at 03:31 AM.
# 69 21-03-2010 , 04:56 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks ctbram!!!

Yeh Ive seen the vids before, I wonder why a passenger might spoil themselves!!!!! bloody hell taking off at that angle would put the fear of God into any SANE, repeat, SANE person, bahahahaha. I hope he finishes it soon, as said 5 years so far, I dont think he has the main wings on yet but its close. Thats why Im doing the model for him, he wants to muck around with colour schemes so I did the (started) this 701 to give him a cheap (free) and easy option. What I have learnt I will be able to better model and represent the Lancaster. user added image

bullet1968

# 70 27-03-2010 , 02:41 PM
Lifetime Member

finished 701

Hi guys,

well I have finished as far as I can go without creating a permanent dent in the forehead. I would like to thank all the people who have helped, guided and berated me in my quest to become a better modeller. I wont be going any further with this plane, I have had enough and have reached an impasse as far as my feeble knowledge goes. I did it for a colour scheme for my pop and hope he likes it, only several thousand paint schemes and he should be happy.

I have purchased Kurts Spitfire tut to help give me more of a leg up and try to understand a little more. I WILL finish the 'Lanc" when I have a little more ammo in my poor head to use and acheive what I am after. To the other newbies who may read this, advice is free, acting upon it requires energy, those who give it are special and listen to what they say. I have learnt a lot and made a lot of mistakes, dont give up, press on.

I would like to thank some bloke who is very special to me, thanks mate, you know who you are! You are my master and I will try my best to improve as much as I can.

hopefully this vid link will work, on to the Spitty, wish me luck (hard work more the case).

Cheers bullet

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4090628/STOL...shed%20701.wmv

bullet1968

# 71 20-04-2010 , 02:09 PM
Lifetime Member

Clives 701 revisited

Hiiiii guys,

well after getting bored and frustrated with the UV mapping I went and looked at the STOL 701 I was doing. Well I would like to thank Kurt, ctbram, paldav and all you wonderful people at SM for your inspiration, tutoring and guidance.

I have removed all of the creases around the cockpit area, improved the tail and front end!!! Amazing what a bit of knowledge can do!!! Not 3 hours 6 hours, 1 hour, tweak move mould done!!!!

I will add to this, ctbram got my gumption up about putting more detail on it, so I will between that and the T100 (still waiting for my mate to send me some pics).

Anyway hope you all like the improved 701!!! stay tuned.

cheers bullet

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4090628/Cliv..._revisited.wmv

bullet1968