Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-08-2011 , 04:27 PM

New to Rigging and Animation

Hey guys, so I am new to the whole rigging process and have been watching a bunch of youtube videos on rigging, but Im trying to rig my character and I have the skeleton and the IK handles for the legs set up but Im wondering how to set up the IK handles for the spine and the arms and head and how to use controls. Heres a screenshot of what I have so far and also, when I binded my bones to the skin, when I moved my arms, the strap and the pockets got deformed. How do I make it so that they follow his body movement, without getting deformed?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-08-2011 , 08:36 PM
The thin red line
Im not a rigger but I think you have to paint weights to stop deforming in some areas and allow in others............dave

# 3 25-08-2011 , 11:55 PM
Technical Director

Im not a rigger but I think you have to paint weights to stop deforming in some areas and allow in others............dave

Yup, you need to paint the influence weights of each joint. It's under the "Paint skin weights tool" under the Skin>Edit Smooth Skin>Paint skin weights tool

Imagination is more important than knowledge.