Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-10-2002 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber

Wow! Motion Capture!

I bought a game today, at a cheap price.

"SHOGUN - Total War"

When I saw the animation-clips in the game I just wondered, "what is this!?!".

The animation and movement of people were so realistic. Then it struck me that it could be motion capture, and this was confirmed in the game credits.

Way Cool!!!

# 2 16-10-2002 , 10:52 PM

Motion Capture clip (422K)

Want to see a great motion capture clip?

Next time you´re researching Final Fantasy TSW, check the New York scene at the beggining, just before the Deep Eyes arrive to help out out (or rescue) Aki, be on the lookout for a 1 sec shaker camera shot behind Aki as she runs & jumps through some wreckage. (By the way, that´s one of my favorite shots from the movie)

The sheer reality of the shot astounded me. That´s some nice motion capture, tweaked along with keyframing.

Watch the clip closely, although composed of a few frames you can still manage to see the camera shake, and Aki´s movement.

I created this little clip to show off, just a as great example of motion capture under fair use. © 2001 All rights reserved, Square pictures, Inc.

Last edited by adldesigner; 16-10-2002 at 10:54 PM.
# 3 17-10-2002 , 03:36 AM
Lol! by the way, isn´t that a Toyota Corolla?

Just noticed user added image

# 4 17-10-2002 , 03:41 AM
Supreme Being
lol.. might be, but not sure.. :p

# 5 17-10-2002 , 09:49 AM
Subscriber
That sequence is something special all right. I found it a bit wierd but it looks really nice. I just thought it pushed it over the top,when giving this sequence a "documentary look", with shaky cameras.

But I like it!

Oh I just have to mention it:
I took the time to watch the extra material on the DVD and the guys making the movie had the humor to add in a VERY subtle picture of one of the crew, on the wall somewhere. I think he used a white curly wig. But you have to know about it beforhand to recognize it as you watch the movie.

And the extra material on the DVD also show some funny "cut-outs", for humors sake.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 6 17-10-2002 , 02:35 PM
Supreme Being
now that you mentioned this undseth..
has anybody seen the final fantasy's thriller...? M. Jacksons most famous video clip..
it is frickin' WICKED..!!! sooooooo funny.. heheh user added image

# 7 17-10-2002 , 03:01 PM
yeah, shogun's wicked cool...the assassination anims are awesome...check out the expansion too!

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 8 19-10-2002 , 08:02 AM

Originally posted by Roman
now that you mentioned this undseth..
has anybody seen the final fantasy's thriller...? M. Jacksons most famous video clip..
it is frickin' WICKED..!!! sooooooo funny.. heheh user added image

YEAH!! I had that as my screen-saver for a while, but I think I lost it with my last reformatuser added image

That was a great vid tho!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com