Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-06-2006 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber

conclusion

Just for the sake of completeness - my very first mech.
:p

Did it 3 years ago. With less than little knowledge of Maya, or even what I was doing, that thing nearly drove me nuts..

Attached Thumbnails

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 2 02-07-2006 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
I just noticed this thread and I couldn't let it go unanswered!

Nice job, pat yourself on the back and keep modelling!

It took me almost three years to know what the hell I was doing in Maya and then it all hit me like a ton of bricks! Hopefully, whatever you learned (good and bad) will allow you to finish models in far less time and more efficiently!

Now's a good time to learn UV mapping so you can texture that animal!

Again, nice first mech! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 03-07-2006 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

hmm...might look qiute good, but if I would post a wireframe - You would back off from laying out that UV's.

Let me say it with Luke Skywalkers words :

If clean modelling has got a bright center - this mesh is the most far away from it... user added image

So I won't touch it anymore. Maybe I remodel it someday. But next coming up is a Comanche Helicopter. ( since i don't like the apache :bandit: )

cheers

Mac

..the Force is with me (sometimes)