Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 76 24-08-2006 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
Hey Paul,

I'm reducing the aileron movement.

Glad im reaching the younger audience too hehe! I'll be finished asap,

Cheers

Jamie.

# 77 24-08-2006 , 02:29 AM
That is quite honestly stonking good work!

Love hows there no colour correction (I use it all the damm time!!)

You've inspired me to take a look at my car crash scene I did a while back. Might see if I can get it going a bit betterwith my new PC!!

Cheers

# 78 24-08-2006 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber
Thanks again gster user added image

I probably could have colour corrected it, but I find I over do it all the time. I decided that because im not actually trying to match the lighting from a plate etc I should really work at it inside maya. If I where matching this with a plate I probably would have done alot more in post, but I just don't have access to stock footage or a good quality camera.

I'm no expert in any field (which is beginning to worry me a little when it comes to job hunting) but i've learned a lot from pushing this project.

I'll deffinately release "making of" footage largely because i'll need it for the reel user added image

Cheers,

Jamie.

# 79 26-08-2006 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber

Camera & Co

Hi Jamie !

it's somehow common to render the final versions separatly and glue them together, but I thing it's also a good thing to be able to see how things look like in motion.

So I went downtown internet and searched for a MEL script to fit my needs. But found only crab, way to complicated on one hand or so buggy on the other that it drove me nuts.:headbang:

At the end i wrote a script by myself, simple, intuitiv and best off all - it works. Since that was my first MEL expirience it took a bit longer. Maybe You want to give it a try user added image

/fidget "When do tyou hink there will be more dogfight?"

cheers

--mac--

Attached Images

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 80 27-08-2006 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
Hey Mac, well done on the script! i've not downloaded it yet but I will do, im sure it will come in handy at some point! Looks like an easy to use GUI.

I'm afraid that im going to have to put this scene on hold as I really need to find a job asap. Its a long story but i'll put my reel up here with the completed scenes of the dogfight too.

I will be back to finish this though, just need to secure a job first!

Regards to all,

J.

# 81 27-08-2006 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber
Jamie,

I FINALLY got to see your test animation...HOT DAMN!!! BRAVO ZULU, my good man, that is VERY nicely done! Especially considering you are doing all of this yourself!

I had no problems with any of the clouds, &c. Not sure what (if anything) you're using for reference, but your animation reminded me of a movie "The Battle Of Britain" (came out in the late 60s, I think). If you haven't seen it, check it out (should be readily available on DVD, especially in the UK, I would think!). Maybe it might give you some ideas. I know they used real planes in most of the scenes, and as I recall there was a lot of technicolor "over the Channel" footage (as well as the usual WWII stock footage)

When you've added exhaust, tracers, smoke, &c, no one's gonna know the difference! :-)

BTW great tutorial on tracers! Thanks for taking the time to share all of that!

Regards!

"Ad astra per aspera..."