Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-12-2007 , 03:42 PM

Dielectric Material Problem

Dunno why, but whenever I use a dielectric material in front of a solid shape, it gets distorted, but when I remove all of the other objects it works fine. Anyone know how to fix this.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 06-12-2007 , 04:01 PM
refraction. thats how real clear objects work. if there isnt anything behind it, there is nothing to refract.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 06-12-2007 , 04:29 PM
I get that, but is it supposed to make that wavy-look?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 06-12-2007 , 04:36 PM
looks like its an anti-aliasing problem, though i could be wrong. try increasing the render quality

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 06-12-2007 , 08:35 PM
that is refraction mate, turn off ray tracing.