Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-08-2008 , 12:01 AM

rotating ?

are there ennyone there can tell me how to make one thing to rotate araund an othen in a animation ?? please help me

# 2 02-08-2008 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
You could parent one item to the one you want it to rotate around, then keyframe or apply and expression to the parent object.

You could also do it with a parent constraint or use a circle curve as a mothion path around the desirred object.

Chris

# 3 02-08-2008 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
the ways Chris suggested would suffice

if it's only the orbiting object you want to be moving then i would use the motion path approach

in the curves shelf you can create a nurbs circle
in the animation menu set you can find Animate>Motion Paths>Attach to motion path
for further information on motion paths refer to the Maya tutorial on it that came with Maya

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D