Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 09-12-2008 , 06:12 PM
Acid44
oh hell no, my computer's way too crappy for vista let alone dx10 :p i wish i could handle dx10 *drools*

hopefully i can get some upgrades with the money i get from christmas, which i'm probably gonna wait for before i format, just in case :p

# 17 10-12-2008 , 02:40 AM
Super Moderator
Vista.....In the process of a full system scan and sending a pm via Skype, it died, blue screen of death then refused to boot and couldn't repair, lost some information, reinstalled it and now its like cuddling the guy who just raped me, I have no expectations and I'm dead inside. Now I understand the people who say they hate Vista but they use it anyway lol.

- Genny
# 18 10-12-2008 , 04:57 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by GecT
and now its like cuddling the guy who just raped me, I have no expectations and I'm dead inside.

at first i was like user added image but then... i lol'd user added image

haha

well, once i do finally get around to getting some hardware upgrades and formatting this thing, i think im also gonna test all the OS's before i decide on one... then once i thoroughly test each lil tiny thing in each lil tiny corner of each lil tiny OS... i'll probably still end up making a split second desicion of which to use...

and i've also decided that when i format, i'm gonna "forget" to back up my maya work, that way i have a clean start and no more piles of projects on the go, which is what's stopping me from working in maya right now :p

# 19 10-12-2008 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber
I just install a custom version of windows called Last Xp 20.

My friend gave me and its such a speed boost its unreal. It has service pack 3 on it and Maya and Mudbox both have improved by about 25%

It even had every driver installed on it already - major time saver.

It also had aload of other software you can install while its installing (or you can just play games) but I want a bare bones pc just for video editing and 3d so I said no to most of it.

My Pent4 3.2 and Nvidida 6800 GT and 2gig of ram just does not like vista so that was not an option.
My new PC in Feb will make up for it though

Were you get this LastXP from I dont know but its well worth a look

# 20 10-12-2008 , 05:15 AM
Acid44
what type of other software was available upon install, random crap or anything useful?

i've seen a couple versions of XP floating around that are super bare, stripped basically of everything but the basics which i was considering....

# 21 10-12-2008 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber

# 22 10-12-2008 , 06:13 AM
Acid44
that is bloody awesome, thanks tweetyuser added image

# 23 10-12-2008 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber
no problem

# 24 10-12-2008 , 08:32 AM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
well there was back in the day when maya would only run on unix computers (so we just had a lab full of SGI workstations)... i don't think windows could run it til 3.0 - can't remember what version, just knew we had 2.0 in the labs and the upgrade to 2.5 was bitchin'...

I thought Maya 1.0 for IRIX (SGI UNIX) was released in February 1998 and the Windows version in June 1998... user added image

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!